Calling all experts on tones for electrical Guitar

Bcraig

Inspired
Calling all experts on tones for electrical Guitar

I looking to recreate a very clean tones for my strat on axe 2 fx xl +

Looking for possible presets

Note donot have to be on a strat any style but very clean tones

But also looking for guitarist of all eara 1950 - 2019 that play clean electric guitar tones sounds
So I have plenty of options to choose from over the years

Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson - Cliffs Of Dover - Live

The clean tone at the beginning

Eric Johnson's Fender Stratocaster Rap Session | Fender

Clean tone start at around 6:14 -6:59

Eric Johnson - Trail of tears Live from Austin, TX (1988)

Clean tone starts at 1:23 to 1:51

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9NhjXd9LM

Here 2.

Stanley Jordan - 2010 Jarasum Jazz Festival

Starts at 00:15 to 00:45

Jazz Guitarist Stanley Jordan Performs 'Treasures'

Start at 0:19 to 00:47

Cornucopia - Stanley Jordan

Starts at 16:04 to 16:18

Last edited:
Have you tried anything already and if so what didn’t you like about it? We probably need some back and forth to help.

most of those tones are pretty basic clean tones, at least the fundamental part. the pickups used affect how it sounds a lot. but generally speaking, they have a lot of treble or high frequency. most clean amps can produce this type of sound.

again, please tell us what you've tried and why you didn't like it.

Chris You said they are pretty basic clean tones, at least the fundamental part.

Could you exaplin more abou this sorry just learning

Chris You said they are pretty basic clean tones, at least the fundamental part.

Could you exaplin more abou this sorry just learning
I’m saying that’s close to what a clean amp sounds like at default settings.

Have you ever tried making a clean tone? Still haven’t answered the question I’ve been asking.

did seem to upload to that link so here is

just screen shots of what I have

But Yes I think learning how to get to dailing in a fundamental clean is the first step

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 8.00.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 7.59.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 7.59.17 PM.png

There is an EJ preset in the factory presets. You'll most likely want to check that one out.

did seem to upload to that link so here is

just screen shots of what I have

But Yes I think learning how to get to dailing in a fundamental clean is the first step

View attachment 53042 View attachment 53043 View attachment 53044
the bassguy amp isn't that clean.

try the Shiver Clean or the USA Pre Clean. those are both clean amps, hence the "Clean" in the name.

also, i didn't receive any files in that upload link. try again.

regardless, using an amp that is actually Clean is a better starting point than the 59 Bassguy.

Yes the Sliver Clean amp with same seetingI have before is very nice

this is the way I choose it

what cab is complimentary to the Sliver Clean Amp?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 8.37.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 8.37.05 PM.png
    298.4 KB · Views: 19
Google is your friend. If you want to sound like Eric Johnson, search for "Eric Johnson guitar gear" or something like that. Then find the amp model and it's matching cab in the Axe FX. One of the most exciting things about chasing guitar tone is doing the research yourself and having "Eureka!" moments.

Select the Deluxe Reverb preset, play your strat, ideally neck and middle pickup together. Your done, classic Strat/Fender tone. It’s really that simple, no need to make it any harder because it sounds so good as is. Maybe add a little more spring reverb to taste if you like.

here's a basic clean preset. i've no idea why you're having problems, there are tons of clean presets you could modify to your liking and this one only took me a couple of minutes to dial in. most of that was trying different cabs. if this doesn't read clean to you (i made it with position 4 on my strat), then there's something wrong that you'll need to troubleshoot.

Attachments

• Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
Thanks You guys I will check those all out over time
I am back to this thread after it has got lost in the shuffle of emails

Ok I am still in the process to just understand how each of the basic parameters page in the Amp Block (Sliver Clean) with no effects to work
to get the fundamental amp sounds from scratch

1.Is it possible to get a fuller sound and with good note separation with just basic parameters page in the Amp Block?

2.or do I need to use other parameters pages with that amp block?

I will be posting up a QuickTime via YouTube soon as I have time

For the classic Eric Johnson clean tone, you will want a lot of compression, a touch of drive/gain on the amp for the saturation, huge stereo widening (separate two signals paths and make them slightly different with different cabs, or you can just try to use the Enhancer block), and some chorus.

One of the best clean tones of all time for sure, along with Allan Holdsworth's.

Back
Top Bottom