Caligula's Horse LIVE IN THE STUDIO VID

samvallen

So my band Caligula's Horse posted our debut album up here and got a great response. For those who missed it: Caligula's Horse We're influenced by Devin Townsend, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Frost, Tesseract etc

We've just finished putting together a "Live In The Studio" version of our track Equally Flawed:

We're very happy with how it turned out, and it shows you how nice the Axe FX can be recorded alongside a mic'd amp;)

Find us on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/caligulashorseband

Very kewl. Reminds me of the Tesseract studio vids. The tunes are tasty aswell. The axe sounded great, as per usual.

Absolutely loved it, fantastic work mate!!

Are you running direct with the Axe?

Mix does sound very nice, great song!

Yep, just running a line out from the Axe straight into the SSL desk into Pro Tools. I usually run FRFR, with a monitor (or the PA) but as you can imagine the less spill in this setup the better! As a result I only heard myself through headphones which is less than ideal, but the mix was better for it.

;) Totally.

I love Devin Townsend, I love Mikael Akerfeldt but when it comes to my own music I don't think the screamed vocals are necessary. You should have a listen to our album, heaps of massive harmonies and stuff... Caligula's Horse. You can download the album for free!

I recommend downloading the album, I did so and it's very good.

I still think your singer sounds a lot like Maynard James Keenan, which, to me is a good thing.

Yeah, he gets that comparison a lot; must be all the falsetto and modal stuff but I think he's very unique:) Thanks Doug!

Back
Top Bottom