"Cabinet modeling", activated or deactivated?

JH-2

Inspired
Hi Friends,

In the global parameter "Cabinet modeling", how does it have to be, activated or deactivated?

I Have a normal presets with 2 amps and 2 cabinet.

Thanks

Thanks Laxu, I had 2 cabinet and I activated cabinet modelling option without realizing it ....

When do you say "real guitar cab" do you mean in Axe fx "cab block" or "normal" guitar 4x12 cabinet with Matrix power amp?

When do you say "real guitar cab" do you mean in Axe fx "cab block" or "normal" guitar 4x12 cabinet with Matrix power amp?
To make electric guitar sound natural, you need a guitar cabinet—either a real one or a modeled one.

If you're using a real cabinet (made of wood and speakers and stuff), you don't need a modeled cabinet, so turn off Cabinet Modeling.

If you don't have a real cabinet, then you need a modeled cabinet, so turn on Cabinet Modeling.

And if a use only amp and cabinet with axe edit to play in home studio, cabinet modelling deactivated?

And if a use only amp and cabinet with axe edit to play in home studio, cabinet modelling deactivated?
Sorry, I don’t understand your question. It doesn’t matter whether you’re using Axe-Edit or not, or whether you’re playing at home or not.

If I undertand cabinet modelling is only to have 1 amp in axe fx and play direct to PA ok?

If I undertand cabinet modelling is only to have 1 amp in axe fx and play direct to PA ok?
Cabinet modeling is for when you’re not using a real cabinet. Going direct to FOH, playing through studio monitors, playing through headphones...

In my presets I use cabinet (to listen in live shows) and go direct to FOH, how does it have to be, activated or deactivated?

Last edited:
Hypothetical question on the AX8. Can I use my Atomic CLR and Cab at the same time?. Atomic CLR gets full cabinet modelling on one output, while the other output goes straight to my poweramp/cab which has cabinet moddeling turned off?.

Dont undertand why with cabinet (for play with my band in garage) I have to put OFF and if I play in live shows with cabinet and direct to FOH put ON.

The system doesn´t automatically detect if you have a cabinet or not, and the sound is very different if you put it on or not.

Can someone explain this to me please?

Thanks

Dont undertand why with cabinet (for play with my band in garage) I have to put OFF and if I play in live shows with cabinet and direct to FOH put ON.

The system doesn´t automatically detect if you have a cabinet or not, and the sound is very different if you put it on or not.

Can someone explain this to me please?

Thanks
Explain what? How could the system “detect” a real guitar cabinet?

Why if I play with my band in garage with cabinet I have to put OFF and if I play in live shows with also cabinet and direct to FOH put ON.

In my presets I use cabinet (to listen in live shows) and go direct to FOH, how does it have to be, activated or deactivated?
Read the section of the manual titled Direct to FOH plus Real Amps on Stage. All will be revealed. :)

This has no logic. If I play at home in my home studio I have to deactivate it and in concert I have to activate it, in those 2 settings the sound is totally different, when it is activated it has much more bass.

This has no logic. If I play at home in my home studio I have to deactivate it and in concert I have to activate it, in those 2 settings the sound is totally different, when it is activated it has much more bass.
This has all logic. :)

Yes, when you use the cab simulation, it changes the sound. When you use a real guitar cab, that also changes the sound. Of course the cab simulation changes the sound. It simulates a real cab, which — changes the sound. ;)

When you play guitar, you use either an amp simulator or a real amp. And you use either a cab simulator or a real cab.

But if a play in live shows with amp and cabinet Block in axe fx and also put ON cabinet modelling have 2 cab simulator, don´t undertand why 2.

Back
Top Bottom