cab vs. frfr speakers loudness

I never tried the powered atomic wedge but I did have a passive one for a while (My first venture into the FRFR space)
the mackie 1221 killed it, the RF ,Xitone and CLR are in a completely different league.
If you penny pinch all you're going to end up doing is flipping and flipping and flipping until you get to the high end stuff anyway.
there is that much of a difference (I couldn't get rid of the Atomic wedge fast enough)

he said "Atomic" in his original post, not CLR, so i think he's referring to the original

Atomic-1-lg.jpg

yeah i figured i just wanted to be sure....

You could do worse than keep an eye on the LA Guitar Show / AxeFest threads too. We have a couple of things out there that will answer the "Is FRFR louder than a real cab" question. Theres some pictures up on Facebook already, more detail over the weekend.

I never tried the powered atomic wedge but I did have a passive one for a while (My first venture into the FRFR space)
the mackie 1221 killed it, the RF ,Xitone and CLR are in a completely different league.
If you penny pinch all you're going to end up doing is flipping and flipping and flipping until you get to the high end stuff anyway.
there is that much of a difference (I couldn't get rid of the Atomic wedge fast enough)

I had the tube powered Atomic and I completely agree with this. I haven't used Mackie 1221 or Xitone, but the RCF NX series and CLR absolutely slay the original Atomic. I liked my RCF 310a's I got used for $250 each WAY better than the Atomic.

hmm. I guess i'll leave the Atomic powered FR Cab out of the game then and maybe check Mackie HD1221. Here in Finland they cost 888€ and i might have a change to test them too. What else would compare with these monitors in sound and price wise?

Back
Top Bottom