Cab proximity value acts like pitch shifter

JoeHans

Inspired
Yesterday I came a cross on quite strange behavior of the the cab block. I was representing the properties of the cab block to my friend who just bought him self a KPA. I couldn't believe what I was hearing when I altered the proximity value. The parameter started to act like a pitch shifter. Anyone else seen this kind of behavior?

I was using a OwnHammer beta user IR if that matters.

You sure you weren't changing the cab size parameter instead? That sometimes sounds like a pitch shifter.

Proximity makes it more or less bassy foremost.

I've definitely thought I was changing a particular parameter but was actually changing something else.

You sure you weren't changing the cab size parameter instead? That sometimes sounds like a pitch shifter.

Proximity makes it more or less bassy foremost.

I've definitely thought I was changing a particular parameter but was actually changing something else.

Now that you mentioned it might have been the cab size, not the proximity. Should always have the thing in front of you before posting. Sounded really weird though and the first thoughts were this definitely can't be right. I'll double check tonight and report back.

Back
Top Bottom