Cab Packs 21 + 22 Wellspring UltraRes™ Now Available!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Cab Packs 21 + 22: Wellspring UltraRes™ Collection Vol. 1 and Vol 2. return to the thrilling days of our first ever Cab Pack, produced at Wellspring Sound Studio in 2013 before the advent of UltraRes. They have a wonderful collection of amps and we felt it was time to return to re-visit them with all of the advances that recent years have brought.

Cab-Pack 21 (Volume 1) contains 257 User Cab IRs featuring cabs with a 1x or 2x configuration: 1x8, 1x10, 1x12, 1x15 and 2x12.

Cab-Pack 22 (Volume 2) contains 155 User Cab IRs featuring cabs with a 4x configuration: 4x10, 4x12, including an absolutely stellar "Brit 70s" with "Greenbacks"

Find these new packs in our store at https://shop.fractalaudio.com/Software_Downloads_s/54.htm

PS: If you're not already using Cab-Lab, these packs present a perfect opportunity to jump in and start mixing your own tones. Combine a ribbon mic and a dynamic. Mix a 2x12 with a 4x10... the choices are infinite and a lot of fun. Cab-Lab 3 is available at https://shop.fractalaudio.com/Plugins_and_Software_s/56.htm

VOLUME 1
  • 1x10 Princetone Black based on a Fender™ Blackface Princeton Reverb™ (1966)
  • 1x12 Class-A 15W based on a Vox™ AC-15 hand-wired 2010 reissue with Alnico™ Blue speaker
  • 1x12 Mognotone based on an early 1960s vintage Magnatone™
  • 1x12 Topham GB based on a Top Hat Club Royale™
  • 1x15 Vibrato Verb based on a Fender™ Blackface Vibroverb (1965)
  • 1x15 XL-Pawn based on a Fender™ Pawn Shop Special Excelsior
  • 2x12 Class-A NTB 30W based on a Vox™ AC-30 non Top-Boost model (1963)
  • 2x12 Double Verb based on a Fender™ Twin Reverb (1968)
  • 2x12 Jazz 120 based on a Roland™ JC-120 Jazz Chorus™
  • 2x12 Trem-O-Verb based on a Mesa Boogie™ Dual Rectifier™ Tremoverb™ combo
  • BONUS: 1x8 Silverton based on a rare Vintage Silvertone 1960s 1448 Amp built in to a Guitar Case!
VOLUME 2
  • 4x10 Super Verb based a Fender Blackface Super Reverb (1967)
  • 4x12 Brit 70s GB based on a mid-1970s Marshall 4x12 of unknown model (but great sound!)
  • BONUS: 4x10 SV Bass based on an Ampeg SVT 4x10 cab with tweeter.
Cab-Pack-21+22.png

Last edited:
...and after auditioning many of the IR's, it's a more than worthy addition to the extra cab slots.

The 421 we used on this pack was really something else. I have never heard one I liked as much.

A friend of me, who's a pro soundguy, swears by the vintage 421 and always takes one with him to gigs for guitar.
There seems to be quite a difference between the old ones and the newer ones.

Just bought both volumes and can't wait to dig in! I used to own two '65 blackface Super Reverbs, still have one of them, so I'm looking forward to pairing these IRs with the Fractal Amp block to see how it all sounds! :D

Whilst I don't have an immediate need for these, I do like to buy all the Cab Packs when they're released. You give away so much for free, buying Cab Packs is the least I can do in return.

Same here. Bought most of the Cab packs.. used a fraction of them. Hardly cost anything really if you see what efforts needed getting these done

I paid for the original Well-Spring cab pack (originally issued as Cab Pack 1) and the Mad Oak cab pack (originally issued as Cab Pack 2).
Do I now need to pay for these same IRs again just to get the UR versions?

I notice that my original purchases of these cab packs are not even listed in my Fractal Store Account Order History, so I can re-download them myself to find out.
They aren't even listed as being for sale anymore at the Fractal Store.

What gives?

And again the question, have these IRs actually been re-recorded or is it just the UR re-processing of the original .wav files that I'd be paying for?
Please list any other differences between these cab packs and Cab Packs 1 and 2.

Back
Top Bottom