Cab Pack 8 Now Available!

don't forget F131 and F132, which are both ultrares and cab pack 5, which has the same TV cab in ultrares format as the original one used to make F103 :)

i'd like to hear that comparison though!

don't forget F131 and F132, which are both ultrares and cab pack 5, which has the same TV cab in ultrares format as the original one used to make F103 :)

i'd like to hear that comparison though!

These clips show you what Cab Pack 8 will sound like straight out of the box literally. The patch is only an amp block with Brit 800 that has been reset so it's 100% stock. What ever happens after that is just the IRs.

Order of the clips:
1. Cab Pack 8: SM57-E906
2. 4x12 TV MIX #1
3. Cab Pack 8: SM57-R121
4. 4x12 TV MIX #2
5. Cab Pack 8: SM57-SM57

I think I need to buy these and make a couple presets with them before my gig tonight. I just bought some ownhammer stuff too. What can I say I'm an ir whore. Clark you got any clips with the new pack and HBE and afd?

These clips show you what Cab Pack 8 will sound like straight out of the box literally. The patch is only an amp block with Brit 800 that has been reset so it's 100% stock. What ever happens after that is just the IRs.
Order of the clips:
1. Cab Pack 8: SM57-E906
2. 4x12 TV MIX #1
3. Cab Pack 8: SM57-R121
4. 4x12 TV MIX #2
5. Cab Pack 8: SM57-SM57
Excellent Demo.
How did you record these? is it reamped Left and right or two independent takes? Your clips are always so mono coherent.
Would love to see you do a cab pack for clean/cleanish

Just downloaded these. Initial impression is I preferred them to my favorite IR's in blind tests for both clean and overdriven. They are very clear.

For $25, excellent buy.

That demo is a great idea, FWIW I think I prefer #1 though 5 is pretty close. BTW bought the pak last night and fired a couple of random Alloys into a few of my (clean and gritty) presets and even I notice a definite improvement in clarity and just overall feel. Great job!

That demo is a great idea, FWIW I think I prefer #1 though 5 is pretty close. BTW bought the pak last night and fired a couple of random Alloys into a few of my (clean and gritty) presets and even I notice a definite improvement in clarity and just overall feel. Great job!

The clarity of Cab Pack 8 is what surprised me the most when shooting these IRs. I thought the G12M25s would've been dark. They're super pleasant, clear and bright at the same time. :)

I bought packs 7 and 8 now and uploaded a bunch from pack 8 to the axe-fx to try them. I was being used to step endlessly through cabcollections to find not more than a few that I like and keep one or two. To decide which one to keep was never a big problem.
With Pack 8 it's the other way round. Only a few of the mixes don't do it for me, most are excellent.
I have no clue which ones to keep and use, there are too many that sound great.

Awesome job CK!

I bought packs 7 and 8 now and uploaded a bunch from pack 8 to the axe-fx to try them. I was being used to step endlessly through cabcollections to find not more than a few that I like and keep one or two. To decide which one to keep was never a big problem.
With Pack 8 it's the other way round. Only a few of the mixes don't do it for me, most are excellent.
I have no clue which ones to keep and use, there are too many that sound great.

Awesome job CK!

That's great! :D It's actually not the first time I've heard that. There should be a lot of usable versatility in there. I hope you find the right IR for you. Remember... you don't have to pick just one... I have around 5 of all Cab Packs I've made and I change them every other day when I want to change this up slightly. The good part is that I don't have to tweak the amp to fit the IRs but instead I use the IRs to make the amp sound right.

Clark, what is the difference IR into the folders BRIGHT / FAT (TV ALLOY)?

Well as the name suggests the "Bright" folder has IRs that are brighter and the "Fat" folder has IRs that are fatter.

I'm always trying to think about the use case for my IRs and make them as easy to use as possible. So the people who don't have a lot of time will probably choose IRs from the Ace folders. Then again there are people that really want to dial in their own sound so those guys will most likely start blending the single IRs together or scroll through the various Alloys. The Alloy folders include different tonalities. This is a folder for those who don't want to mix IRs but like to scroll through IRs until they find exactly what they want. Alloy IRs sound more like an authentic multi-mic up. Obviously you can mix Alloy IRs with each other or single mics etc. There are no limits. The reason for the "Bright" and "Fat" folders was simply something I came up with when I was trying out the IRs. I think it's better not to have 20-30 IRs in one folder that change their brightness drastically. You get ear fatigue easily. But when you have around 10 IRs that have a similar brightness you can really concentrate on what you prefer and find the right IR easier. :)

I want to thank everyone for the feedback! You guys have asked me about the difference between MPT vs RAW in the IR files. There's an explanation for that in the readme file but obviously not everyone will read that so here's a short description:

MPT = minimum phase transform = your normal IRs that are time aligned with all other IRs

RAW = not minimum phase transformed = retains phase information = has a more authentic attack but is not time aligned with other IRs so you will have phase issues when blending them with other IRs

Most of the feedback has been positive so thank you for that. :)

Also some people have been asking about what the F and B letters stand for. F = Fat (belongs to the Fat folder of that specific mic type) and B = Bright (belongs to the Bright folder of that specific mic type).

Feel free to ask any questions you have in this thread. I'll answer them as soon as I see them. :)

Loving the E906-MD421 Fat Alloy with anything plexi flavored. I just got home from hospital and can't stay sitting or standing for long periods of time, but I'm enjoying this one so far. Looking forward to digging in more when I'm up to it.

Loving the E906-MD421 Fat Alloy with anything plexi flavored. I just got home from hospital and can't stay sitting or standing for long periods of time, but I'm enjoying this one so far. Looking forward to digging in more when I'm up to it.

I hope you get better soon. That was also one of my favorites actually. I call it the SM57 hater mix. :lol The E906 is awesome... I think it could (and maybe should) replace SM57 as the industry standard since it sounds great with everything. But the SM57 still has that sound we've all heard on every record ever made. :)

Clark Kent, your cab pack 8 is great!! I bought 7 and loved it. I use it all the time, and now blending 8 in with 7 IR's is just a treat. You've captured every bit of a 25w greenback that you can with those mics. They are just as great sounding as cab pack 7!

Can't wait for 9, my favorite cab (bogner 4x12)!

Back
Top Bottom