Cab Lab Can Defy Physics!

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I purchased Cab Lab yesterday, so I was messing around with using different mic impulses for the same cabinet.

Then I did something by accident that rocked my world.

I imported into Cab Lab the Echoplex Preamp impulse that sombody posted in the forum with a V30 4 X12 along with a couple differently mic'd G12T75's.

For giggles, I I started loading differnet levels of each in a mix into the scratchpad and playing around with them. Really cool sounding.

Then I messed around with one of the God Cabs, along with a Manowar, and one of the Vox AC30's that someone posted.

Again pretty magical.

If you want I will post CabLab screen shots so that you can see my recipes and try them out.

Nice job FAS!!!

I purchased Cab Lab yesterday, so I was messing around with using different mic impulses for the same cabinet.

Then I did something by accident that rocked my world.

I imported into Cab Lab the Echoplex Preamp impulse that sombody posted in the forum with a V30 4 X12 along with a couple differently mic'd G12T75's.

For giggles, I I started loading differnet levels of each in a mix into the scratchpad and playing around with them. Really cool sounding.

Then I messed around with one of the God Cabs, along with a Manowar, and one of the Vox AC30's that someone posted.

Again pretty magical.

If you want I will post CabLab screen shots so that you can see my recipes and try them out.

Nice job FAS!!!

Screenshots/Recipes please!
Thanks!

This is an interesting recipe for an AC-30 cab that has nice presence with a clean amp setting that just totally breaks apart with gain in an interesting 60's garage band kind of way:
Edge AC 30s+RedBox5ModVint.jpg

Here are the user cabs IR's you will need for this recipe:
Axe-Change - Download 2x12 - Edge No 1 and 2 AC30 mix - by rewddog
Axe-Change - Download 2x12 - Edge No 1 AC30 Tonematch - by rewddog
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/75190-redbox-five-cab-pack-axefx-ii.html

Much obliged to the users who posted these IR's. You opened up a whole new sonic palette for me.

This one is an interesting blues or rock kind of cab recipe that uses a Man-o-War mix cab along with some of the Kalthallen and God Cabs impulses.
ManoWar-Altec-G12T75-V30.jpg
Here are the source files for downloading and recreating the recipe:
Axe-Change - Download 2x12 - 2x12 TH and MOW SM57 CE 2 in - by maschoff
http://signalsaudio.com/free/Signals_Gods_Cab_1.3.zip
Kalthallen Cabs

Thanks everyone for posting great IR's. I hope you don't mind me telling people how to combine them to make interesting IR mixes.

Please support your IR makers whenever possible.

I use these two cab recipes in my dirty bird preset on the Axe Exchange for a bass preset, but they are equally compelling for some guitar parts as well.
Cab1Xrecipe.jpgCab2Xrecipe.jpg
The recipes use the same sources that I posed above.

Please enjoy.

Thank you very much for sharing these, and for including the screenshots as well.
I wish more of the gurus here would do it that way :)

I will check it out tonight ..

thanks again

The way I do it is I build a preset in Axe-Edit that is just Cab 1 with the shunts to both input and output. That's it.

I select the scratchpad for the cab 1 & save the preset to the AF2.

Then go into Cab Lab load up the files, set the volumes and send the recipe to the Scratchpad. You should be able to hear the cobination.

You can save a new recipe to the scratch pad as you make changes to hear them as an audition.

Then if you want to audition amps, just insert one into the signal chain in that preset you made.

I'm still learning about cab lab. Worth every penny, I can't wait for the update. I hope it's during the weekend so I can have time to play with it.

Is there a thread about members posting recipe examples?

Back
Top Bottom