Cab-Lab 4 Wish List

With the introduction of Cab-Lab 4 and DynaCab packs, I almost feel like there should be an official Wish List thread like there is for the hardware offerings. For instance, I'm very happy with the available cab packs (especially the 1960TV and the 2x12 Double Verb), but find myself using the 4x12 MC-90 the most. So if there was a wish list, I would wish for that cab and the PPC 4x12 to be the next cab packs to come out. Also a few more mic choices. For instance, I'm a big fan of the Audix i5 in place of the SM57. What would you all like to see eventually?

More zoom in the align tab. The current zoom options are okay-ish, but I really would love one that shows what is only currently the first 25% of the “zoomed in” version.

Font of the IR name field scalable, smaller or the field larger to display the entire name of the selected IR (and eventually other textboxes where text may get truncated).

IR (filename) name gets truncated, making it difficult to impossible for IR identification.

I'll repeat some of what I've already suggested, in case this becomes a thread used to consolidate user requests:

• Control distance with Control + Left-Click.
  • Trim IR length individually for each of the four slots, similar to the Cab Block in the Axe-FX III, with options for 256, 512, 1024, and Max, or better yet, create a knob so that we can just trim by ear rather than using exact lengths.
  • List the power rating of the cab for those who like to dial in Speaker Thump for greatest accuracy. Not all combinations would make sense in the real world, but for those that do, using Amp Wattage / Cab Wattage * 5 seems to be the accurate calculation.
  • Link to Amp Block speaker impedance curve with an option to auto load the matching curve in the Axe-FX III, similar to the option in the Amp Block when linking to Cab Block DynaCabs.
  • Create an option to allow for use of the original phase of the mics, so that if you pull a mic back from the speaker the mics will have a natural phase relationship to each other.

Take a look at Matt’s teaser list, especially the second SM57 bullet point.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/such-a-tease.200035/
I'll tell ya what, I just grabbed the Freed Man pack and the 57 off-axis is BRILLIANT!! Using the GBs, I paired it with a Condenser LOL67 and it is absolute perfection. 5 minutes and I had a magic IR mix that'd take hours...days...to create IRL.

The mic selection in the Freed Man pack is just incredible and I HOPE that Fractal adds these to the 1960TV anyhow, and all cabs going forward for sure, the 57 off-axis is always a sure thing with me, long history.

1: Make the align "zoom" -button zoom in instead of out, only the first 1ms has any meaning for alignment.
2: Keep the mic selectioin and position selection when changing speakers.
3: Allow "ALT-click" or something for the Solo selection of speakers, so that the Altclick toggles solo. For example if I'd have soloed speaker1, alt clicking Solo on speaker2 would switch to Solo only speaker2, not 1+2.
4: Make the selection of speaker follow the Solo button. Now it so easy to click solo for speaker3 for example, and continue adjusting mic position for speaker2, ruining whatever I had accomplished there.... User error but still...

Last edited:
I would like to have lower hardware requirements, because the SW mode does not work on my Win10 or OSX device. The devices are quite old, but have good processor performance. Unfortunately, their RAM is not expandable.

Does a CAB block have the ability to deal with a stereo IR? I've always loaded in 2 IRs and panned them myself. Having Cab Lab 4 generate a stereo IR means the CAB block FW would have to be updated, right? (I'm on FM9, so maybe the Axe-Fx III does something different?)

Does a CAB block have the ability to deal with a stereo IR? I've always loaded in 2 IRs and panned them myself. Having Cab Lab 4 generate a stereo IR means the CAB block FW would have to be updated, right? (I'm on FM9, so maybe the Axe-Fx III does something different?)
When importing a stereo file the editor splits it into L and R mono files

Back
Top Bottom