Cab-Lab 4 Version 1.00.01 Release

True, however the cab block is configurable for stereo in and out. Cab Lab is currently mono in and out. Full stereo support would be a nice option though, especially for the Plugin.

True, however the cab block is configurable for stereo in and out. Cab Lab is currently mono in and out. Full stereo support would be a nice option though, especially for the plugin.
Panning would certainly make the plugin more versatile. I like to put the IR loader on the L+R guitar bus that way I can try different cabs on either side within one plugin.

But that's not just panning - it would also require stereo.

Otherwise, use 2 instances - one L, one R.

What a genius idea... still the complex introduction of pan knobs would be great. The cabs wouldn't need to be stereo, just the plugin. I'm pretty sure Fractal Audio could pull off such a wizardly feature.

Is Beta6 affected by the bug that prevents SW live from working? I get no sound in SW live, also get no sound from the test tone button. It works on another audio interface though.

Clicking "zoom" makes the graphs smaller instead of bigger? I'd like to see just the first peaks in first millisecond as close as possible.

Last edited:
Is Beta6 affected by the bug that prevents SW live from working? I get no sound in SW live, also get no sound from the test tone button. It works on another audio interface though.

Clicking "zoom" makes the graphs smaller instead of bigger? I'd like to see just the first peaks in first millisecond as close as possible.
Zoom is zooming the speaker for mic placement...

The tone test and SW Live Mode work here : AxeFXlll Markll / FW 23p00_beta6 >USB> Mac Sonoma 14.1

BTW would it be possible to make it easier to shoot hundreds of IRs: make the filename from the IR capture feature auto increment so that you'd need to click only one button per IR. "Capture - move mic - capture - move mic - capture - move mic". I've spent days moving mics and typing new file names, while occasionally overwriting the previous capture.

The tone test and SW Live Mode work here : AxeFXlll Markll / FW 23p00_beta6 >USB> Mac Sonoma 14.1
I can confirm this worked for me using the latest MacBook Pro OS. Also, had to change the “Mic” setting on the top bar on the Mac.

If this has already been covered somewhere I apologize.

What format does Cab Lab 4 export the IR files in, is it simply .syx?
Same question for what form do the purchased Dyna Cab bundles come in, is it simply .syx?

The reason I ask this is I've been scouring the forum and the internet and have started a couple threads asking about different ideas that might work to be able to use Cab Lab 4 and the Dyna Cab bundles with my FM3 but WITHOUT the USB port because it crapped out on my FM3. I hate to keep bringing it up but I have a glimmer of hope here... I tested sending a .syx format IR from the Gift of Tone series (the Synyster Gates Hellwyn Mix IR) through the Roland UM1 cable that I have been using to be able to use FM3 Edit and it worked it gets the IR to my FM3 that way, so if it works for that theoretically it should work for Cab Lab 4/Dyna Cab bundle IR's as well as long as they are in the same format right?

format does Cab Lab 4 export the IR files in, is it simply .syx?
When exporting to disk it saves two files, a .syx, and something else, I forget what though. The file is an single IR, whatever you blended, and can then be loaded into a user slot by the Cab Manager.

Same question for what form do the purchased Dyna Cab bundles come in, is it simply .syx?
“Simply” .syx?

SYX are anything but simple, they can be anything the developer wants them to be because they’re exclusive to the vendor, and it’s left by the receiving hardware to decode what they contain.

I didn’t try sniffing the connection when I purchased my packs, nor did I try disassembling the files, but the entire process is different than how we install the factory Dyna-Cabs, and they’re imported into Cab-Lab differently and share no relation with the internal cabs. In other words they behave and seem to be completely different animals and are treated differently by the software. At no time is the pack sent to the modeler, it remains on the host computer.

I'm using BlueCat Audio 'Patchwork' to open CabLab4 (or any other VST) in Pro Tools, just in case you were unaware of such a plugin.
$99 to run a free plugin?

Nice to have an option, but I don't need it that bad... :)

$99 to run a free plugin?

Nice to have an option, but I don't need it that bad... :)
I certainly didn't buy it to run one plugin so yeah, I get where you're coming from.

I remember asking Cliff about an AAX version of CabLab over a year ago, and got no response so wasn't expecting an AAX version.
Pity really.

I'm using BlueCat Audio 'Patchwork' to open CabLab4 (or any other VST) in Pro Tools, just in case you were unaware of such a plugin.
DDMF here, thanks though.

Since Pro Tools is the most widely used DAW in professional circles, it makes sense to me to compile/wrap as AAX at some point.

Last edited:
@Admin M@

I started Cab-Lab yesterday, and it didn't recognize any of my packs and forced me to login, after which it refreshed and I was able to proceed. Is this expected behavior? Does this mean we always have to have a live connection to the internet, even on laptops?

@Admin M@

I started Cab-Lab yesterday, and it didn't recognize any of my packs and forced me to login, after which it refreshed and I was able to proceed. Is this expected behavior? Does this mean we always have to have a live connection to the internet, even on laptops?
Works off-line for me on Mac tho I do remember having to sign in again once a while back - not sure in what circumstances it loses track of what cabs you have, but when it does is when a login is required again. Even a sign-out on the cab manager page and a reboot into a session with no internet connection did not make it forget my cabs.

Works off-line for me on Mac tho I do remember having to sign in again once a while back - not sure in what circumstances it loses track of what cabs you have, but when it does is when a login is required again. Even a sign-out on the cab manager page and a reboot into a session with no internet connection did not make it forget my cabs.
If it’s a required refresh then it’d be good to make it known so people can be prepared, especially if they’re about to be on the road.

If it’s a required refresh then it’d be good to make it known so people can be prepared, especially if they’re about to be on the road.
I had this yesterday.

I also had to authorize it twice, cause the first it said it worked but was still unable to load the pack

Back
Top Bottom