Cab-Lab 4 Release šŸ”ˆšŸ§Ŗ

Status
Not open for further replies.
explained in the manual
I added the following:

NOTE: SW Live Modeā€ works like a plugin to ā€œre-cabā€ the final output of an Axe-Fx, FM9, or FM3 preset with no cab processing of its own. The SW Live Mode Setup Wizard can bypass the cab block for you, but you could also use your own preset with no cab, or even temporarily disable Cabinet Modeling globally on your connected device.

I added the following:

NOTE: SW Live Modeā€ works like a plugin to ā€œre-cabā€ the final output of an Axe-Fx, FM9, or FM3 preset with no cab processing of its own. The SW Live Mode Setup Wizard can bypass the cab block for you, but you could also use your own preset with no cab, or even temporarily disable Cabinet Modeling globally on your connected device.

That does clarify it, but a note can be easier to miss, and for those who use a ton of post cab processing this is a huge deal to know. I would recommend instead to have a small section dedicated to explaining this, maybe something like:

SW Live Modeā€ works like a plugin to ā€œre-cabā€ the final output of an Axe-Fx, FM9, or FM3 preset with no cab processing of its own. This is intended for the auditioning of cabs as the very last block before your final monitoring output, so if you normally use blocks after your cab, you should wait to add that processing until you've exported your final IR from Can Lab 4; then, you can place your finalized IR wherever you'd like in your preset, as you would normally. While you're in SW Live Mode, any processing that's placed after your cab block on the hardware will actually be heard before the cabinets in Cab Lab 4, so in this mode it's best to keep your auditioning bare bones with only the blocks you'd normally use up to your amp block, and nothing after the cab block.
The SW Live Mode Setup Wizard can bypass the cab block for you, but you could also use your own preset with no cab, or even temporarily disable Cabinet Modeling globally on your connected device.

That would be cool and I had wondered about SICs in the Cab Packs... But I'm not sure how exactly that would work when mixing (for example) a DynaCab and a standard IR.
I mean it's a similar issue when using multiple dynacabs in the hardware no? Or multiple cab-blocks.

Plus, what you're creating is a standard IR, so most likely not possible.
Oh gotcha.

SIC upload for the new dynacab packs would be awesome (but maybe not possible in this current iteration of products).

No, in the same way you could never copy any factory cab to Cab-Lab.
So these new cab packs are a different thing from what third party DynaCab packs will be?

I've been thinking third party DynaCab packs will have the same feature set and capabilities as the firmware ones: Mic choice, position and distance adjustable on the front panel, in AxeEdit, and in CabLab.

Is that right? And these new Fractal packs are not like that? They can only be adjusted and mixed down to a standard IR in CabLab, which you can then import into a Fractal device?

Last edited:
@Admin M@ why is it that the AC20 cab sounds so good, I mean im loving it more than the 4X12.

I found some issues that I need to replicate exactly to pinpoint the bug as with all 4 slots with dynacabs at one point the software got stuck with the tone of 1 of the dynacabs, even if I mute or delete all 4 slots there was a dynacab loaded somewhere but non of the controls changed the sound.

So these new cab packs are a different thing from what third party DynaCab packs will be?

I've been thinking third party DynaCab packs will have the same feature set and capabilities as the firmware ones: Mic choice, position and distance adjustable on the front panel, in AxeEdit, and in CabLab.

Is that right? And these new Fractal packs are not like that? They can only be adjusted and mixed down to a standard IR in CabLab, which you can then import into a racial device?
At this point, I'm kind of assuming third party DynaCabs will function exactly like these new Fractal packs--only loadable in CabLab and mix down from there into an IR loadable in the Axe-FX III. Unless some future update allows loading of both Fractal DynaCabs and third party DynaCabs directly into the Axe-FX III.

@Admin M@ why is it that the AC20 cab sounds so good, I mean im loving it more than the 4X12.

I found some issues that I need to replicate exactly to pinpoint the bug as with all 4 slots with dynacabs at one point the software got stuck with the tone of 1 of the dynacabs, even if I mute or delete all 4 slots there was a dynacab loaded somewhere but non of the controls changed the sound.
That cab is ridiculous. It's a one-of-a-kind cab. All the AC30 cabs I've ever seen have a single bar in front of the speaker, this one has a cross. It has the original Vox speakers in it and is in pristine condition. A user was kind enough to lend it to us. We still have it and are going to do some more mics on it. If you have purchased that cab pack you will be able to download the updated pack with more mics for free when it's available.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm kind of assuming third party DynaCabs will function exactly like these new Fractal packs--only loadable in CabLab and mix down from there into an IR loadable in the Axe-FX III. Unless some future update allows loading of both Fractal DynaCabs and third party DynaCabs directly into the Axe-FX III.
It works with the FM* units also.

That cab is ridiculous. It's a one-of-a-kind cab. All the AC30 cabs I've ever seen have a single bar in front of the speaker, this one has a cross. It has the original Vox speakers in it and is in pristine condition. A user was kind enough to lend it to us. We still have it and are going to do some more mics on it. If you have purchased that cab pack you will be able to download the updated pack with more mics for free when it's available.
Yes, more captures please, its is a special and magical cab. Thank you Cliff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is that right? And these new Fractal packs are not like that? They can only be adjusted and mixed down to a standard IR in CabLab, which you can then import into a racial device?
I'm pretty confident that the third party packs will be usable only via CabLab, just like these packs.

There is not any exposed space for loading additional DynaCabs on the hardware (although maybe it's there and just not available yet).

I'm pretty confident that the third party packs will be usable only via CabLab, just like these packs.

There is not any exposed space for loading additional DynaCabs on the hardware (although maybe it's there and just not available yet).
Hmmm, I hadn't been thinking in terms of "space for additional DynaCabs", just additional cabs in a different format.

@Admin M@ can you clarify please, re my post above?

Thank you.

I think it would be a great idea if they make the dyna-cab file modular in the hardware so you can pick and choose which cab and/or mic files goes into the hardware with the limited space

Instead of importing one big bank of the dyna_cab file itā€™s in parts

though I can imagine the customer support installation issues nightmare that would entail

Grateful of the current dyna-cab regardless

thatā€™s just too bad we canā€™t import or just mix the irs that come stock with a fractal device.
i would have love to mix legacy #60 and #61 as just one Ir but it seems we have to buy those cab again right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom