Cab-Lab 3 Live Mode Buffer Issues

The Seed

Hi guys , new here.
I've had this product for a while now but it still bothers me a lot.
I'm running on Windows 8.1 / Audiobox USB through Cubase 8 Elements and the plugin would make noise/crackle below 512 buffer size.
It is really frustrating to play with that kind of latency...
I couldn't find any topics or solutions and i'm asking for your help.
Thank you for any information.

That's a computer issue bro. If you can't run below 512 your CPU is choking. My suggestion is to make sure you PC is optimized for pro audio production. There are many sites dedicated to this. Most notably, Black Viper Service tweaks for all versions of Windows. ASIO4All is a good work around sometimes, but Presonus drivers should be just as good, if not better. Make sure your virus software is off, shut off internet, and anything else your not using to start and see if that helps.

I have issues as well. Whether it's as a VST plugin or standalone, below 512 samples I get unplayable crackle. I'm using two Motu HD192's (PCIe) on a Octacore i7-5960X with 32GB of RAM, so I don't buy the CPU thing.

It also brings Sonar to crackle and pops when I have the plugin on a couple tracks with a single synth in the tray. Needless to say the CPU meters on my DAW are still very low despite the crackles. I'm using the Motu ASIO driver. I would note, however, that in Sonar just a single instance of CabLab works ok at 48kHz and 256 samples, but not the standalone.

Perhaps an option for no oversampling or something will lighten the load.

Hate to bump this old thread, but this is my issue also. I am running a Core i7, 16gb ram, and cab lab vst alone, on one track, and cab lab 3 sucks 24% CPU. My system is fully Black Viper tweaked and all. Runs everything else great. Surprised this is not a common issue?

Back
Top Bottom