Cab Block IR Phase Alignment Question?

ApocalypticKatana

Experienced
I'm using the cab block with stereo IR's

According to my measurements I need to delay the left Speaker by 0.09 milliseconds and raise the right speaker by 0.3 db to ensure my stereo image is centered at the listening spot

How do I go about doing this in the cab block alignment page? an explanation on how you arrived at the answer would be much appreciated as well!
an advance thank you for your time :D

I tried to do it on my own, if someone could verify that would be great

Using speed of sound in dry air as 343 meters/sec
I converted this to millimeter/millisecond since cab block uses millimeter and delay provided is in millisecond
so.. (343000mm/1000ms) I know 1000's cancel out
since I need millimeter in the cab block I did [ (343000mm/1000ms)*(0.09ms)] =30.87mm
the cab block doesn't let me do exactly 30.87 and just left it at 30.9 mm
is this process correct?
which IR L or R should I apply this 30.87mm alignment to?

That looks about right to me. 343 m/s = 343 mm/ms, so 334 * 0.09 = 30.87mm

Should be close enough for rock n' roll.

You'll want to push the Left IR back the 30.9 mm to add the delay to that channel. Also, make sure your IRs are hard panned left and right.

Last edited:

You'll want to push the Left IR back the 30.9 mm to add the delay to that channel. Also, make sure your IRs are hard panned left and right.
yup thanks for checking works wonders adding that delay :D
since I can't add 0.3 db to the right IR I just decreased 0.3 on the left , it should be the same right?

Thanks for pointing this out, and the principle is also applicable when using 2 mono cab blocks panned hard R and L. The 2 cab blocks need to be aligned with each other, which I found out the hard way. I’m going to post a thread about this so others do t have to figure this out the hard way that I did…

Back
Top Bottom