Cab Bank Number - Axe Edit vs Fractal Bot - Need Consistency

JeffHester

I have 2 axe fx xls, 1 is for a backup. In order to keep these matching each other I use Fractal Bot to export cabs and presets. This can be a time-consuming process. This process has lead me to an issue...

When looking at Cabs in Axe Edit, the numbers count up and then start over once you get to the User Cab IRs. When restoring in Fractal Bot you look at all the Cab "Banks" counting up. None are designated as User "Banks". Also the number count up continuously across all banks.

We need some consistency with listing the banks, the numbers and the categories across the 2 software products. When trying to restore only User Cab IR banks, you cannot tell what is what.

Example.... Either export the User Banks separately from the others Cab Banks, or... number all the banks from zero and continuously count up.

I hope this makes sense. If not message me.

If you are syncing 2 XL's why are you not backing up at the "bank" level on A, then restoring to B?
IR and preset numbers don't factor in at that point. That is the simplest method I know.
It's not time consuming at all, and I use it all the time when testing new firmware.
Backup all banks - presets and IR's. I can then restore an entire bank if I encounter an issue. I'm not concerned about individual slots. This is the method I would use to sync your B unit.

For replicating single Preset/IR's - open AxeEdit and drag-n-drop the backup from A onto the same location on B.
You'll need to know (remember) what that location # was.. but it will be the same for both units!
I wouldn't use the Bot for the restore to B part, but it can be used to backup the A data.

Back
Top Bottom