buzzing noise/hum after update to FW 13

FW13 is tearing a hole in the space time continuum and the energy created by this disturbance is being picked up by your monitor speakers ?

wow first time i created a post and Cliff chimed in!! i had a LA610 from Universal Audio rack mounted directly ABOVE the Axe. i just sold the LA610 so that double space is free in my rack now.....maybe the LA610 somehow shielded the Axe? only thing externally that changed at all....

When you removed the LA610, is it possible that some audio cables got crossed? That can lead to conditions like this, coupled with bad shielding on one of the cables (only likely explanation for the iPhone interference).

Very curious about this!

If you are on a Mac running OSX Mavericks you may be experiencing the Core Audio bug that I learned about. If so, the upcoming OSX 10.9.2 release *should* fix this. The beta that I'm running now seems to have taken care of it.

If you are on a Mac running OSX Mavericks you may be experiencing the Core Audio bug that I learned about. If so, the upcoming OSX 10.9.2 release *should* fix this. The beta that I'm running now seems to have taken care of it.

yes also curious what this is. Never experienced such a Core audio bug in Mavericks

It's not the ground switch (for me, anyway).

Moving cables around doesn't change anything.

Understand that during the winter months, when humidity is low, there is more static in the air. The guitar picks this up, unless it's properly grounded and shielded (even if you're using noiseless pickups). Check your guitar's ground and shielding.

I have noticed an increase in noise as well, recently. I'm not exactly sure of the cause, but I've always struggled more with it in the winter months.

Check out guitarnuts.com.

My issue has nothing to do with the Axe FX.

After years of dealing with this (mostly during the winter months), I was finally able to identify my humidifier as the culprit.

For as much as I hate that there's really nothing I can do about it (since I have to run a humidifier during the cold months), I am so glad to have finally nailed down the worst cause of noise in my rig!

So, can anyone tell me why the humidifier in my studio is causing a significant amount of oscillating buzz with my guitars?

I'm so glad I bought a wireless guitar unit, so I could finally pinpoint the problem. (Yes, our dimmer lights are also bad culprits! But they're not too close to my guitar room.)

Now I have to decide whether or not it's worth it to install noiseless pickups in my guitars. I'll probably just get a soldering iron and some copper tape.

So, can anyone tell me why the humidifier in my studio is causing a significant amount of oscillating buzz with my guitars?

That sounds like some ground loop weirdness you have going. The mini-fridge in my studio has historically caused all kinds of noise. Now I keep all of my important equipment plugged into an isolation transformer.

I believe there is a ground lift switch on the back of the Axe. You might try that and see if that fixes it as well.

Back
Top Bottom