Buzz - grounding/input issue????

minseito

Hi all

Got a problem with a buzz - sounds like a grounding issue. Not there when nothing is plugged in; hitch up the guitar and it buzzes for England.

Any ideas? Bit urgent tbh as i have a gig tomorrow night; just noticed it come on all of a sudden at a gig tonite.
Thanks in anticipation.

Geoff

its the guitar picking up EMF(s). Most likely to do with the place/venue you are at, more than your gear. Roll the guitar knob down all the way and the noise goes away.

Maybe defect front input board. Try rear input.
thats unlikely, as he said the noise isn't there when nothing is plugged in. If it were an input problem, the noise would be there all the time. He probably was using the axe-fx in a location where there is a strong magnetic field and thought - uh oh is my axe-fx broken?

Thank you for the responses, guys.

It has now transformed into a mild hum. Pissed off with it. Something is up with the unit I think, but can't figure what it is. It was still buzzing like hell when I plugged it in at home the night of that gig

Amps have always buzzed, more so with single coil pickups and/or high gain

wiring, ac compressors, fluorescent lights etc on a circuit play a huge part too

My old Bassman with my p90 equipped LP buzzed like you wouldn’t beleive. Just rolled the volume pot down between songs though, problem solved

Rock n roll is noisy

Just want to check if you have done this:

Plug your guitar in and roll the guitar's volume knob all the way down. Does the hum go away? if yes, its the guitar pickups /EMF environment. There is nothing you can do to control this except by moving away from EMF sources or using a better shielded guitar / humbuckers.

If the noise still happens it could be a cable issue - try removing the instrument cable from the axe.

If the noise still happens it could be an input/internal connection issue - try changing the axe-fx input e.g to rear or usb.

If the noise still happens it could be a ground loop - refer to Freemind's advice above

If the noise still happens... I dont know, i never got that far.

Thank you for the responses, guys.

It has now transformed into a mild hum. Pissed off with it. Something is up with the unit I think, but can't figure what it is. It was still buzzing like hell when I plugged it in at home the night of that gig

Back
Top Bottom