Buying Cab Pack 3 For AX8- Do I Need Cablab?

bcblyth

Want to buy Cab Pack 3 Ownhammer. Must I convert the files for use with the AX8 using Cablab (Do I need Cablab?) ...or does it provide files that can be loaded simply into the AX8 or AX8 Edit without the Cablab app? Alternately, is Cablab necessary to use Cab Pack 3 with the AX8?

I posted a similar question. From what I'm gathering, you do need cab lab paid version to do anything. The cab pack I got won't load because of being Ultra-Res.

I posted a similar question. From what I'm gathering, you do need cab lab paid version to do anything. The cab pack I got won't load because of being Ultra-Res.

The AX8 can read UltraRes cab syx files. I have a cab syx file that I was able to load on both Axe and AX8.

If you are trying to load a .wav, you need to convert that first with the free Cab Lab Lite. To batch convert or create cab mixes, you need the full Cab Lab.

I have .syx files and .ir files. I get these pop ups

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 9.37.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 9.37.31 PM.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 9.41.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 9.41.18 PM.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 10
I have .syx files and .ir files. I get these pop ups

It looks like you are trying to load .syx and .ir files into Cab Lab Lite. I'm not sure why you are trying to do that.

Have you tried loading the .syx file into AX8-Edit (using the Cab Manage feature)?

To reiterate:

Cab Lab Lite (the free version) can only convert single .wav IR captures into .syx files readable by Fractal products.

The full Cab Lab can load .wav (from 3rd parties) or .IR (from Fractal) and mix or batch convert them to UltraRes .syx files readable by Fractal products.

Neither Cab Lab or Cab Lab Lite can load already converted .syx files. The .syx files are for loading into the hardware.

I just wanted to add to the post above that CabLabLite can also batch process wav files into syx files. Otherwise, everything else is correct. I have done both (batch conversion and loading onto Ax8) myself already.

To reiterate, this is incorrect. You can upload ultra-res IR files to the AX8 in syx format. Use Fractal Bot to upload the files.

You can also use CabManage directly via Ax8edit - That also allows you to audition the different cab files before you actually put them on the unit.

I thought OH already gives you the right format for FAS products

They provide IRs in WAV format. If you look at the download links on their site, they're grouped up by device type. So in our case, the WAV files are the right format for converting into UltraRes. Just needs to be run through CabLab to produce the syx files for loading. The WAV files won't load natively, they need conversion first.

Last edited:
The OP mentioned Cab Pack 3, which is Ownhammer produced but distributed by Fractal. Which means it will already come with hardware-ready syx files.

I just wanted to add to the post above that CabLabLite can also batch process wav files into syx files. Otherwise, everything else is correct. I have done both (batch conversion and loading onto Ax8) myself already.

I just discovered the batch feature in Cab Lab Lite last night. Good call (and great feature).

The OP mentioned Cab Pack 3, which is Ownhammer produced but distributed by Fractal. Which means it will already come with hardware-ready syx files.

I just discovered the batch feature in Cab Lab Lite last night. Good call (and great feature).

And how you do thisCabLab Lite?? I also thought that CabLab Lite can't batch process wav files, only one per wav file.

Thanks

Thanks for all the responses! Got Cab Pack 3--works fine without Cablab. Just using the "User" Profiles....imports easily via Ax8 Edit.

Back
Top Bottom