Bulk Rename Scripts for OwnHammer IRs! (Cab-Lab/OwnHammer .wav Conversion Content)

npx

Inspired
UPDATE APRIL 4: INFO FOR WINDOWS USERS ADDED BELOW

For the folks who have downloaded the Ownhammer MIX library WAV files and are converting them to UltraRes IRs using Cab-Lab 2.0, you'll notice that when you import a newly converted IR into Axe Edit, some of the name gets cut off.

After converting OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_V30-EN_T1_Studio-Modern.wav and importing it into Axe Edit, or the Axe-Fx itself, it will become OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_V30-EN_T1_
Important info such as "SP", "Live-Vintage" or "Studio-Modern" etc. may be missing. Unless you rename the IR immediately in Axe Edit, identifying it by name later will be impossible. Here's a screenshot from Axe-Manage:

IRNameTrunc.jpg

By contrast, the regular Axe-Fx II formatted IR files from Ownhammer may have a similar lengthy file name in the OSX finder, but when imported they appear in an abbreviated format:

OHNameTrunc2.jpg

So, in order to get useable names that fit, I've made a basic OSX Automator script application to rename the Ownhammer wav files BEFORE you convert them in Cab-Lab.

OSX USERS: DOWNLOAD THE SCRIPT HERE

Instructions for use:

1. Download the application and unzip it.
2. Drag a folder of IRs onto the application.

The application will:

A) Make a COPY of that folder
B) Rename ALL files in that copied folder (and subfolders contained within) in the following way:

"OwnHammer_" will be abbreviated to "OH"
"Live-Modern" will become "LIVE-MDRN"
"Live-Vintage" will become "LIVE-VNTG"
"Studio-Modern" will become "STUD-MDRN"
"Studio-Vintage" will become "STUD-VNTG"
"Median" will become "MEDIAN" (Just to keep the capitalisation vibe consistent.)

For example, the above mentioned file: OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_V30-EN_T1_Studio-Modern.wav
Should now be named: OH MAR-CB_V30-EN_T1_STUD-MDRN.wav

Done!

Now convert this new folder of IR files to UltraRes using Cab-Lab, and their names should be fully readable when you import them!

***Obviously I'm not affiliated with OwnHammer, and use of this application is at your own risk. OwnHammer may eventually rename the wav files available on their website to negate this issue, but until then, I hope some of you find this script a useful workaround.

WINDOWS USERS:

User Liquid22 has kindly posted instructions for doing something similar on Windows:

To all the interested Windows-users: Here's the (2 Minutes) way how I did the renaming of the OwnHammer wav-files:

1. copy (duplicate) the OwnHammer wav-folder "48000-Hz_Mono" and rename it to "48000-Hz_Mono-renamed"
2. Download the free tool "Ant Renamer" (portable) antp.be > Software > Ant Renamer
3. extract and execute the tool
4. click on "Files"
5. drag and drop the OwnHammer wav-folder "48000-Hz_Mono-renamed"
6. check the Box "Add selected folders" in additon to the others - cklick "OK"
7. got to "actions"
8. select on the left side "multiple string replacement"
9. on "Search for" type in:

OwnHammer_
Live-Modern
Live-Vintage
Studio-Modern
Studio-Vintage
Median

10. on "Replace by" type in the correct line:

OH
LIVE-MDRN
LIVE-VNTG
STUD-MDRN
STUD-VNTG
MEDIAN

11. (additional) save written Name-Set
12. hit "go"

Last edited:
Very helpful, npx - thank you! Just a side note for the Windoze guys: the file names remained intact and full-length on my Windows 7 box.

Reactions: npx
I can't get the script to work. I'm on Maverick

EDIT: I'm an Idiot. Works beautifully. I grabbed the 48000 mono folder and dragged/dropped it on top of the script. It created another folder called 48000 mono - copy. All of the file names are OH and have the other abbreviations you made.

Brilliant. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Is there something I'm missing?

I can't seem to get it to work. Maverick, of course.

Thanks for doing this.

Is there something I'm missing?

I can't seem to get it to work. Maverick, of course.

Thanks for doing this.

It should be really straightforward, just like rodzimguitar68 did it. Is it simply not doing anything at all, or are you getting an error message?

I think it's working. But, how long does it take to convert all the folders within the 48000 kHz main folder?

I think it's working. But, how long does it take to convert all the folders within the 48000 kHz main folder?

3-5 seconds. It puts a folder with the same name into the directory. For instance I selected the 48K mono folder which contains like 5 different speaker types. Each folder of a speaker, contains two other folders "mic" and "mixes".

All I did in Cab Lab was select the 48000 Mono, and then have the converted files go right back into the same folder where the 48000Mono folder from OH is.

Now I have another folder called "48000 mono - copy" right under the original. If I open the folder, it has the 5 speaker types. If I open a speaker type, it has the Mic and Mixes folders with the wav files in there.

I'm a bit confused on this. I'm a Ownhammer owner too. Both the MIX and the Mesa-V legacy. SO, are the wave files long enough to fully implement ultraRES or not? :-D Do I have to download them again? :-|:-|

Nothing happens for me, either. Also on Maverick. Dragged folder(s) onto app icon, no "copy" folder apparent (even using spotlight to search).

I'm a bit confused on this. I'm a Ownhammer owner too. Both the MIX and the Mesa-V legacy. SO, are the wave files long enough to fully implement ultraRES or not? :-D Do I have to download them again? :-|:-|

If you have the 4x12 OH from like prior to December 10, 2013, none of those are long enough to benefit from Ultra Res.

If you purchased the 1x12 and 2x12 offerings that came out around Dec 21, 2013, you have to go back to your Own Hammer account, log in, click on order history, and download the Wav files, then convert them in CabLab.

Kevin from Ownhammer has said that in time he might go back to the 4x12 captures and make the longer wav files available to customers, but for now, the only way to get OwnHammer 4x12 IR's in UltraRes, is by purchasing the Cab Pack from the Fractal Store.

From what I can gather by reading the forum and Cliff's comments, it may be the case, that, yes, CabLab will convert any wav file you give to it, and turn it into "ultra-res", however, if that wav wasn't at least 170ms long to begin with, you'll not hear the sonic benefit that UltraRes can deliver, when the source wav is at least 170ms long. I think I read somewhere, that the 4x12 IR's from last year are only 21ms long, but don't quote me on that. So, they are a far cry from being 170ms long. And just to be clear, when OwnHammer did the IR capture process, he captured them at 500ms, however, UltraRes had not yet been invented, so he chopped them down to 21ms to make them smaller files (I assume) and without hearing a loss in fidelity (assumption). So, that is why he is saying to existing customers "if I get the time, I might go back and make the source wav files available to you, so you can convert them to UltraRes".

I'm spent and my fingers are tired.

Download the script, leave it in your downloads. I am at work but if memory serves there is a readme file and the icon for the script itself.

Leave that finder window open.

Open a separate finder window. Go to tye 48000 mono folder. Click and hold the button, drag that to the other window and drop it right on top of the script's icon.

Now refresh the finder window that contained the 48000 mono folder and see if there is a 48000 mono -copy folder also inside there?

Look at the wav files inside the mic and mix folders inside the speaker folders. Their names are now "OH" at the beginning instead of spelled out fully.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Kevin from Ownhammer has said that in time he might go back to the 4x12 captures and make the longer wav files available to customers, but for now, the only way to get OwnHammer 4x12 IR's in UltraRes, is by purchasing the Cab Pack from the Fractal Store.

From what I can gather by reading the forum and Cliff's comments, it may be the case, that, yes, CabLab will convert any wav file you give to it, and turn it into "ultra-res", however, if that wav wasn't at least 170ms long to begin with, you'll not hear the sonic benefit that UltraRes can deliver, when the source wav is at least 170ms long. I think I read somewhere, that the 4x12 IR's from last year are only 21ms long, but don't quote me on that. So, they are a far cry from being 170ms long. And just to be clear, when OwnHammer did the IR capture process, he captured them at 500ms, however, UltraRes had not yet been invented, so he chopped them down to 21ms to make them smaller files (I assume) and without hearing a loss in fidelity (assumption). So, that is why he is saying to existing customers "if I get the time, I might go back and make the source wav files available to you, so you can convert them to UltraRes".

I'm spent and my fingers are tired.

This confuses me because of [thread=82271]this thread[/thread].

Download the script, leave it in your downloads. I am at work but if memory serves there is a readme file and the icon for the script itself.

Leave that finder window open.

Open a separate finder window. Go to tye 48000 mono folder. Click and hold the button, drag that to the other window and drop it right on top of the script's icon.

Now refresh the finder window that contained the 48000 mono folder and see if there is a 48000 mono -copy folder also inside there?

Look at the wav files inside the mic and mix folders inside the speaker folders. Their names are now "OH" at the beginning instead of spelled out fully.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Yup that worked. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom