Bug? Bugs in the Plex Delays

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
I have two things/bugs in the Multi Delay block plex delays (both plex delay, plex detune, plex shift). Hope someone can clarify this:

1) when the Plex delay is set to reverse with longer delay times strange clicks/cracks and artifact start to happen. Starting from 1500ms or so and getting worse the longer the delay time is.
2) when you set the level of the taps to 0% there is still signal going through the taps. You can check this by setting a level of a second tap in the Plex shift delay to an interval (say a 5th) and then set the level to 0%. You will still hear that 5th in the repeats even when the level is set to 0%. Same goes for the normal plex delay and plex detune.
Not sure if this last thing is a bug or if it is supposed to be that way? Manual says that level sets the level at the output of the selected tap.

also discussed to some extent here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/81950-reverse-ping-pong-delay.html

It is not a tempo bug. Just general bugs in the plex delay that were always there I think. Not a specific FW issue.
Nothing changed in this regard with FW updates from the last year or more I think.

Last edited:
None any idea? I have asked this several times in other topics but none seems to know or doesn't use use the plex delays.

I can vouch for #1. The click in the plex shift mode is (counter-intuitively) less noticeable with with less crossfade. It is more noticeable on bass notes (say, an open low-E string). Here's an example preset:

Attachments

• Clicky MultiDly 11.05.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for joining in! starting to feel alone in this issue . The clicks I hear are very noticeable on every region not only the low notes.
Hope more people join in. Or FAS? :)

Haven't checked this but will try get some time to re-produce your findings with the settings you've had. Besides that I think you shouldn't worry too much about it. I'm certain FAS checks each bug thread, but not necessarily commenting in them.

Back
Top Bottom