Bug? Scene ignore

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I think I found a bug.

Scenario:
Scene ignore is on for all channels of a block, the block is bypassed. Switch to another scene, and switch channels of that block. The block turns on, for some reason? Whenever the block is bypassed and I go to a scene I haven't been on previously, the same behaviour appears.

If the block is bypassed and I go BACK to a scene where I did the above, the block doesn't turn on when I switch channels. Which is the opposite of before, and adds to the strangeness.

I ran into this too. Seems like bypass state is remembered per channel, which seems odd, and in practice I found unexpected.

I wonder if it logically has to be that way, or if it's a consequence of the way it's implemented. Seems like the latter to me, but of course I know nothing of the internals.

@FractalAudio

I've dug a little deeper, and I'm confident this is a bug. The problem is intermittent. Sometimes it happens, other times not.

In the video I turn on scene ignore for all channels, and bypass the blocks. In this case, the issue isn't present in scene 2, but in scene 5 & 7.

Not sure if this is the same bug but I’ve had some weird behavior with the blocks with scene ignore randomly turning on as well.
I made a preset with several blocks set to scene ignore, all blocks were bypassed. I saved the preset, turned off the Axe FX III and when I turned it back on every block with scene ignore was not bypassed.

This has also happened when switching presets. Playing on preset 410, save preset, play around some more, switch to preset 408 and play for a while, when I switch back to preset 410 random blocks are turned on that weren’t last time the preset was saved.

This problem is intermittent, I tried to re create it and it functioned normally.

I tried to re crest this again and it wouldn’t do it. This time I didn’t have Axe Edit connected. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I tried to re crest this again and it wouldn’t do it. This time I didn’t have Axe Edit connected. Maybe that has something to do with it?
I've seen what appears to be some strange "hysteresis" behavior with the interaction of channels, scenes, and bypass state from the front panel using a lone block in a preset but with one channel with scene ignore on.

I didn't play with it long enough to deduce cause-and-effect (i.e. if as-designed or some issue) and also didn't have a way to record it (being from front panel). I'm traveling now but perhaps someone can record a simple demonstration with a single block (e.g. AMP) with one channel on scene ignore and demonstrate if this is expected or unexpected behavior.

Not sure if this is the same bug but I’ve had some weird behavior with the blocks with scene ignore randomly turning on as well.
I made a preset with several blocks set to scene ignore, all blocks were bypassed. I saved the preset, turned off the Axe FX III and when I turned it back on every block with scene ignore was not bypassed.

This has also happened when switching presets. Playing on preset 410, save preset, play around some more, switch to preset 408 and play for a while, when I switch back to preset 410 random blocks are turned on that weren’t last time the preset was saved.

This problem is intermittent, I tried to re create it and it functioned normally.
I had same issues and learned scene ignore is by channel, not block.

Back
Top Bottom