Bug? Bug or intentional? Output 2 Copy Output 1 overrides Output 2 Mode

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
There was a user in one of the Fractal Facebook pages asking for help with setting Output 1 to Stereo and Output 1 to mono.

He was getting stereo output to Output 2 but Output 2 Mode was set to Copy L->R.

Ultimately it turned out the user was using Copy Output 1 set to ON for Output 2 and doesn't have an Output 2 block in his presets.

I tested this out and confirmed that setting Copy Output 1 definitely overrides the Output Mode.

I never had a need for different modes so I never noticed and I'm wondering if this this by design or if it's a bug.

I forgot to test, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't override the Output 2 Level setting.

I got to test more.

I confirmed that Output 2 Level is not affected.

Also, setting Output 2 Mode to Mute works correctly as well.

Only the Stereo, Copy L->R and Sum L/R are overridden.

If so, that would be different from earlier generations. Copy Out 1 > Out 2 always respected the Output Mode setting, so you could have Out1 stereo and Out2 mono if desired.

If so, that would be different from earlier generations. Copy Out 1 > Out 2 always respected the Output Mode setting, so you could have Out1 stereo and Out2 mono if desired.
The last time I checked on the Axe-FX II, Out 2 would have the Output 1 Mode and Output 2 Mode processes both applied. So while your example is possible, the opposite (Out 1 mono, Out 2 stereo) isn't. An Output 1 Mode setting of Sum L+R or Copy L>R makes the copied signal irreversibly mono, and Output 2 Mode is then irrelevant.

This has already been fixed.
The recent firmware 23.05 seems to be addressing the opposite of this problem based on description... It says Output 1 is overridden but the issue I described Output 2 was.

I haven't had a chance to test yet.

Back
Top Bottom