Bug? Not a bug.

Here is a screenshot of the "current name" that is being used. It clearly says current name and no mention of a channel. AIl 3 scenes are on different channels as well. A, B and C, so current channel doesn't seem to apply.

These settings are per footswitch in fcedit... each footswitch is independent of the other... or is suppose to be. Just trying to figure this out. It works great if the setting is "destination name" but does not work properly for "current name", because all of a sudden all 3 switches are now using the same name although they do have different names, independent of each other. Current name means exactly that, the current name, so how can all 3 be the same name? And it is not being set up in fcedit to be using the same names, so something seems to get overridden here?
In your post that I responded to, you said you were changing channels, not scenes. With channels, there is no “current name” option.

I understand, I was originally thinking per the post by Joker III that when I toggled, it would then show the scene that I toggled too, that becoming the Current Scene. But as I have found it, it doesn't work that way. 😁

It works exactly that way. It shows the current scene, however you get there.

The switching logic is not as simple when you are A/B toggling in a system with more than two states. There are 8 scenes and each switch can access two of those scenes when toggling. Which scene each switch will access on any given press depends on which scene you're currently on.

For example, say you have 4 scene toggle switches. Switch 1 toggles between scene 1 and 5, switch 2 toggles between scene 2 and 6, switch 3 toggles between scene 3 and 7 and switch 4 toggles between scenes 4 and 8. If you're on scene 1 and you press switch 4, is it going to take you scene 4 or scene 8? On first press it will go to scene 4. On the next press of that switch it will go to scene 8, then 4, then 8, etc.

If you have the scribble strip set to Destination, it will always show you where each switch will go. If you have it set to Current, it's tougher for you keep track of to which scene each press will actually take you.

I personally prefer using Hold functions to select the alternate scene instead of toggle in this situation as you always have immediate access to all 8 scenes. The downside is you don't get to see the scene names for the Hold functions on the scribble strips. Toggle requires you to hit the switch twice if you need to get to the secondary scene of a switch when not currently on one of the two scenes that switch can access.

Last edited:
It works exactly that way. It shows the current scene, however you get there.

The switching logic is not as simple when you are A/B toggling in a system with more than two states. There are 8 scenes and each switch can access two of those scenes when toggling. Which scene each switch will access on any given press depends on which scene you're currently on.

For example, say you have 4 scene toggle switches. Switch 1 toggles between scene 1 and 5, switch 2 toggles between scene 2 and 6, switch 3 toggles between scene 3 and 7 and switch 4 toggles between scenes 4 and 8. If you're on scene 1 and you press switch 4, is it going to take you scene 4 or scene 8? On first press it will go to scene 4. On the next press of that switch it will go to scene 8, then 4, then 8, etc.

If you have the scribble strip set to Destination, it will always show you where each switch will go. If you have it set to Current, it's may be tougher you keep track of to which scene each press will actually take you.

I personally prefer using Hold functions to select the alternate scene instead of toggle in this situation as you always have immediate access to all 8 scenes. Toggle may require you to hit the switch twice if you need to get to the secondary scene of a switch when not currently on one of the two scenes that switch can access.
I actually tried to do the hold thing to switch with but I had to set the timing on the hold to .25 of a second and it didn't like that so much. It liked .50 much better but then there is a slight delay. With the newer speed on scene/preset switching, I like the toggle just a tad better. But its good we have options.

Yeah toggle does avoid the hold delay, but you have to do the double tap to get to some scenes, so it's a trade off. Using a scene layout with 8 switches is the most convenient, but then you have to use up a full layout. It's an amazingly flexible system, but there's always compromises.

Yeah toggle does avoid the hold delay, but you have to do the double tap to get to some scenes, so it's a trade off. Using a scene layout with 8 switches is the most convenient, but then you have to use up a full layout. It's an amazingly flexible system, but there's always compromises.
I agree, a very flexible system and yes, always some compromises to get what you are after or are comfortable with on live stage. 👍

Back
Top Bottom