Bug? - Expression Pedal Crackling

Nigel Roman

I have a patch that is fairly simple
In one instance I can engage the 'Filter Block' with a lo pass sweep dedicated to expression pedal 1.
The Problem is that whenever I 'sweep' (the expression pedal forward and back) with the filter block engaged, a crackle is introduced.
with the expression pedal in any position untouched the sound is perfect and clear
but the moment you move the pedal it crackles

None of the other blocks engagements alter this outcome either.
The same expression pedal is dedicated for many other things, ie; bypass, volume, two volumes ..so on so forth and none of them provide the same 'crackle'
This crackle takes place only in the filter block it seems.
If you look in the parametric window the filter block provides you can sometimes see sharp spikes in the blue line.

Potentially indicating these crackles as though they are glitches within the block itself?

Sound does not pass through these expression pedals, they aren't even powered,
so I'm just curious how to solve this

unfortunately I did not have this patch set up before I updated to 4.01 Beta
curious is that may be the issue was well

FM9 4.01 Beta
Moog EP-3 (PEDAL1)

and that's it

I get crackles whenever I clip the FM9 internally. Your filter may be hitting a clip point during the sweep of the pedal. Try reducing overall level, or level prior to the filter block, or both.

I may have solved my own issue

lol

if the attack and release are set to zero , much like a synth in some cases, artifacts are distributed.
on top of that ad a slow update rate

I can't explain it but some how it makes sense

with a fast update rate
and a slightly slower attack and release time. I don't seem to be getting any crackling

granted
there is a very slight whisper of a crackle at the tip of the expression tug and pulls

but that is negligable

sorry guys

false alarm

You may be getting dynamic pops in the signal processing. Still worth looking at signal levels.

I may have solved my own issue

lol

if the attack and release are set to zero , much like a synth in some cases, artifacts are distributed.
on top of that ad a slow update rate

I can't explain it but some how it makes sense

with a fast update rate
and a slightly slower attack and release time. I don't seem to be getting any crackling

granted
there is a very slight whisper of a crackle at the tip of the expression tug and pulls

but that is negligable

sorry guys

false alarm
Yes, sometimes "damping" is required to prevent artifacts.

Back
Top Bottom