bug? changing controller block tempo not affecting tempo based delay

JrBean

Recently I learned that I could use different blocks in the controller section to change tempo.

One of the purposes I had in mind for different tempos within a preset was not so much to hear the metronome but for my tempo based delays to be affected without having to tap them in. I find that in a given preset, the tempo-based delays start based on the tempo saved in the preset, but then if I use controller channels to change the tempo, the metronome changes but the delay time does not change with the tempo. If I tap in a different tempo, the delay time changes, but not if I simply change the controller channel. Is this intended? This is the case whether I'm using preset or global tempo. Am I missing something or is there a workaround, or is this a bug?

Confirmed. Going to a block's edit menu (AE or hardware) also updates time/rate but a Controllers channel change on its own won't do it.

Confirmed. Going to a block's edit menu (AE or hardware) also updates time/rate but a Controllers channel change on its own won't do it.
Are you confirming that you believe it's a bug, or do you believe it's intended behavior?

Not a bug. If you want Tempo to change when switching controller channels you need to set Tempo To Use to Preset rather than Global.

It's happening with Tempo To Use = Preset. It only occurs when changing the Controllers block channel directly. A scene change that includes a Controllers channel change is handled correctly.

The hardware can actually be displaying the block edit menu as you switch Controllers channel in Axe-Edit or vice versa. A tempo-based time/rate won't change until you reenter the block's edit menu.

Not a bug. If you want Tempo to change when switching controller channels you need to set Tempo To Use to Preset rather than Global.
I tried that before posting as a bug. Note, I had a control switch changing controller channels, incrementing by 1 with wrap around. I could watch the tempo change, but delays stayed the same.

Back
Top Bottom