Buffer Pedal?

octatonic

Experienced
I've changed my rig around a bit and decided I wanted to use my old Crybaby rather than the Axe FX's wah wah- it just feels better to me.

So this means I now I have a 12ft cable from guitar to wah and then a 20ft cable from wah to the front of the Axe FX.
I am thinking of putting a buffer between the Wah and the front of the Axe.

So far I've looked at the Wampler Clean buffer- do people have any experience with this?

Does anyone know if I can use a Fulltone Fatboost as a buffer/line driver (as I have one of these lying around)?

TheOtherDave said:
octatonic said:
Does anyone know if I can use a Fulltone Fatboost as a buffer/line driver (as I have one of these lying around)?
Dunno. I don't have one lying around to try. :p

Ha.
Well, I have to take it off my B board.
I guess I am trying to understand the difference between using a clean boost or a buffer to drive long cables.
As I understand it the buffer just does an impedance change.
This is probably better for what I want.
Just looking for input form others that have done this, if anyone.

Hello mate,

Although i never ended up using it, i researched this a fair bit when i was in the market for one and eventually bought a GigRig Humdinger, which is a line driver (buffer) and ground loop eliminator. Their gear is used by a lot of pros and widely acknowledged as being quality stuff for what they do ( I actually had one of their pedal switching systems before i saw the light and got the axe fx - very cool stuff, but don't miss it one bit!)

I ended up with a wireless system, so never used it. It's listed in the For Sale section of this forum if you want to check it out. Tiny little box made by a very well regarded british company.

cheers,
Sukh

Back
Top Bottom