Bryan Adams and Keith Scott!

THisis fantastic, he and Keith are amazingly kind human beings, and fantastic musicians that have access to any equipment they could ever want or need, and they chose the same system I use - i'm totally chuffed!!!

Yet more validation from musical icons. What great news for Fractal Audio and our user community.

May need to check this tour out…never seen him live before, but never disliked anything I heard during his ubiquity on radio…
And the Hard Rock gig is on my 69th Bday! …last time I was at the Big Ugly Guitar Hotel’s venue was the Hendrix tribute circus, with Dweezil and the predictably showboating Zakk Wylde…

My first rock concert was Bryan Adams back in the 80’s. I was very young, but was definitely an inspiring experience that probably added to my decision to pick up the guitar. Great catalog of music.

Wow, what a surprise BA using Fractal, I saw him last time in 2018/19 and the KS stage sound was from another world.... best tube sound ever.... Just Amazing. This proves Fractal is the way to go.

Does anybody knows (or may be the fractal guy) if he use just a few sound presents for different songs, or if he perfectly tune specific presets for every song? Any chance getting those presets?

And sending a letter to Keith and receive a letter back just made my day.... thanks for sharing!!

Some people tend to overlook FAS and point to point modeling, to their own loss, in favor of “snap shot” modeling. It’s a shame. I mean yeah those capture based units can put out some good sounds but in my limited experience with them what I’ve found is they have yet to get the texture of the distortion or the feel of the amps, and I doubt they will any time soon.

I know I can plug into my AF2 or especially my FM9 and what I am getting is as close to the experience of the real amp as possible.

It makes me happy to see when the pros discover this route for their tones.

The vibe is good and tone …
Thank's for posting those video's - SO GOOD!!!!
I saw this same line up in Nelson, New Zealand about 2 years ago (plus a keyboard player) - didn't see any amps on stage??
Such a great show and had the pleasure of meeting Bryan....and also scoring one of Keiths pic's.

Keith told me way back about when around the time the Ultra came out, that the custom HiWatt DR-103/AC30 amps were used live for a while, and mostly on recorded rhythm tracks, both clean and dirty, but that most of the iconic leads on the records were vintage 50W Marshalls.

One of his old Hiwatt/AC30 combos was for sale within the last few years in Canada.

Last edited:
Other way around keep the Vox and change the tone stack to Hipower
That’s Hiwatt pre into Vox amp
i have the fm9. can someone explain to me exactly what i need to do to make this change? mucho thanks!

NEWBIE....UPDATE: look for "Tonestack Type" in the Amp's Preamp tab. But oddly, I don't see Hiwatt as an option. hmm. must be named something else.

NEWBIE....UPDATE2: if you go here https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list and do a search for Hiwatt, you'll find that the Hiwatt amp is the HiPower Brilliant. In the tonestack drop down it's #55.

thanks to me for....helping me! ;-) hopefully it helps someone else too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom