Brown/USA Lead A/B Preset

AxeFX Brown/USA Lead A/B Preset

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 53712&q=hi

This is a clip testing some new tones with my typical A/B morphing scheme with Boss Exp pedal set to Exp 1. This program morphs pretty smoothly between a Brown amp and USA Lead amp for the A rhythm and B lead. There is a plate verb on all the time that fades down from 100% to 75% when you step on Exp 1. Also, my favorite mod delay comes on as you morph to USA Lead. This clip is through a real cab with the Axe doing the Amps (with Axe power amps on) and FX. Pardon the cheeze. :)

Great, great, great playing and killer tone!! Even better is the revelation for me that you can blend sims together. I've just been mucking around with a 'toe up' plexi 'toe down' soldano - wow!! :D I can see a whole new world of rhythm/lead patches opening up!!

John Czajkowski said:
AxeFX Brown/USA Lead A/B Preset

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 53712&q=hi

This is a clip testing some new tones with my typical A/B morphing scheme with Boss Exp pedal set to Exp 1. This program morphs pretty smoothly between a Brown amp and USA Lead amp for the A rhythm and B lead. There is a plate verb on all the time that fades down from 100% to 75% when you step on Exp 1. Also, my favorite mod delay comes on as you morph to USA Lead. This clip is through a real cab with the Axe doing the Amps (with Axe power amps on) and FX. Pardon the cheeze. :)
Great tone! Which and poweramp and real cap do you run after the axe? I think it´s important for that wonderful tone. Greetings Nobbi.

thanks guys. ;)

stevorc321 said:
Great, great, great playing and killer tone!! Even better is the revelation for me that you can blend sims together. I've just been mucking around with a 'toe up' plexi 'toe down' soldano - wow!! :D I can see a whole new world of rhythm/lead patches opening up!!

Yeah, it's super powerful. The rhythm sound and the lead are not toggling, but morphing back and forth. It's not really obvious since I meant them to compliment one another. I should do a video to show how I am on the pedal the whole time back and forth - especially rocking back and forth between those hits on the four chords leading to the end of this little jam. Anyway, the A (rhythm) is more focused and tight on the bottom end and snarly on teh upper mids for that punchy EVH kind of rhtyhm thing and the B (lead) is more mid-rich and thicker on the lows to make the higher notes have a little more mass. The Ultra has enough CPU power to be able to build these dual-rig presets with some room to spare.

Oh yeah, for this clip, the power amp was just an Egnater Mod 50 with Port City 4x12 OS.

Very nice, John. Both the tone and the playing are super. I would love to see a video of your technique. Seeing the patch would be cool too.

Dude, do you ever wake up in the morning and think, "man it's cool to be me." :D Seriously, I love your playing. Fantastic clip!

Back
Top Bottom