Broken Footswitch?

ddanimal

So, my #2 footswitch popped out last night in the middle of a gig. I've already submitted a ticket to support, but wondered if anyone on forums had any advice. I have a gig next Friday, wondered if I could just open it up and find the missing piece and put it back together. Or order a new footswitch from Fractal and replace it myself?
2018-05-20 11.54.44.jpg

I would open it up because there are going to be metal pieces in there that could damage something. The switch can probably be put back together if you have all the pieces.

Thanks for doing this I always wondered how the switches were set up under the hood!. Did you give all of the others a twist to make sure they weren't going to come off?

Last edited:
I just did a quick check of all the foot switches on my AX8, just to see if any happened to have any noticeable play,
All seemed tight. When I originally got mine I did give each hex nut a check for tightness.
Glad to see this was a simple repair, nothing got shorted out, and it didn't have to go back to the factory for repair!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Hello !!! I just recently had the same problem, still with the problem, but I think mine is a bit different. Anyone has the [part number of the switch...maybe I can find it...coz I got this problem, he just comes out the little, how can I call it? well I just going to upload the pic and maybe someone can help me
IMG_7160-2.jpgIMG_7162.jpg
Thanks...

Attachments

• IMG_7161.jpg
    IMG_7161.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 2
Kip

When I ordered my replacement it was available for purchase. I can’t find it now. I am guessing Fractal support can point you in the right direction. Good news is the replacement is relatively easy.
Don't worry...Really appreciate you take your time to help me 🤝. I already open the unit, a bunch of screws and some connectors...easier than repair and Apple computer 😅. I will post the results when I'm finish...

Back
Top Bottom