Brit Pre - what channel(s) are modeled?

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic
I'm not yet an AxeFx owner but was wondering what channels of the JMP-1 are modeled on the Brit Pre model - The JMP-1 has Clean 1, Clean 2, OD1, OD2 channels. Thanks for the info.

I'm not yet an AxeFx owner but was wondering what channels of the JMP-1 are modeled on the Brit Pre model - The JMP-1 has Clean 1, Clean 2, OD1, OD2 channels. Thanks for the info.

don't forget you also have the Soldano preamp clean, rhythm, lead AND the most excellent CAE3+ preamp rhythm and lead channels - I almost always end up using these instead.
Also, I found it interesting that the JMP-1 sim with pretty much any cab already sounds much better in it's default state than all the real JMP-1 samples I heard so far. ;)

Thanks for the info.

I've been enamored of Johnny A's clean sound and live he's been using the cleans on a couple JMP-1s direct out to the board. It's a bit unconventional and most seem to not like the cleans on the JMP-1, but he pulls some great sounds out of that setup. So I was wondering if that was a flavor I'd be able to try w/ the Axe - but perhaps there's another clean in there that's similar.

hey code poet~

I've known Johnny A for years.

take stock patch 96 ""wall of sound". dial out all the FX ( perhaps just a teeny bit left in). bypass the enhancer.

Roll the neck pickup on a stock Gibby LP back to about 4.

There's "Hip Bone" from Sometime Tuesday Morning.

Trust me. you can do that whole record on a Standard.

another easy tip: start with DreamVerb: dial out most of the verb then.....

Top Boost amp gain at 5. bass at 9 oclock whatever that is.
EVM cab.
Royer 121.

DO it. NOW. LOL. its wonderful. NO i can post the patch. im spending too uch time playing to hook up AXE EDIT! it's too good!

Jacksecret - That is very cool - I love his tone and style. If you ever capture some examples of those tones I'd love to hear them. I'm not currently an AxeFx owner - maybe one day if I can swing it.

Is rolling the guitar volume down a key to getting the sound?

Before the Axe, I used the JMP-1 for years....and I will admit, I still love it.

I think the standard settings when you pull up the Brit Pre are closer to OD2....but with tweaking the advanced features, it was simple to replicate OD1.

As far as the clean channels....you can certainly try and dull out a fender amp sim and get it to sound like the JMP.....but the cleans in the Axe are generally better than the JMP in all ways.

Brit Pre is my go to patch....and it sounds better than my JMP-1 ever did.

For some reason, "Brit Pre" is the model that I can always count on to bring a smile to my face. I've had success with some of the other models over time but my appreciation for the Brit Pre never wanes. It seems sort of silly to have spent this kind of money to get one basic sound but when it is the sound I've chased my entire life, maybe not. I played a real JMP-1 a few times and I was completely underwhelmed back then. Not sure why things are different this time around.

Jacksecret - That is very cool - I love his tone and style. If you ever capture some examples of those tones I'd love to hear them. I'm not currently an AxeFx owner - maybe one day if I can swing it.

Is rolling the guitar volume down a key to getting the sound?

Well as they say... there always more than one way to skin a cat. All i know is, Im pretty familiar with Johnny ( he swore me never to tell what the A stands for hehe) and its not as mysterious as it appears. MaArshall's speaker sim in his old 30th ANN combos and the JMP 1 has more to do with the "curve" or tonality ( that and his Neve pre while tracking) than the JMP itself.

Like i mentioned.. I can NAIL that sound on my AFX Standard, LP chambered, and of course good hands. Didnt even have to try hard. It's right in the box. Hint: choice of cab and mic are WAY more critical than what " amp model" IMHO. as mentineoid before the JCM 800 ( i forget what fractal callls it, Brit 800?) is actually closer on clean than the JMP. i personally for clean sounds like Johhnys go for the EVM/Royer combo.

I stay up till 2 am with that one. HOpe it helps. If you ever get to Jersey..... look me up. oh capturing? I'll get aroind to it. I work, teachm gig and am so busy that i havent hooked up any recording junk in forever, other than a Zoom H2 quickie at a gig. SSoemher i havea great Strat sound from a cover band gig i did that was FRFR thru my RCF312. I'll have to dig that clip up.

JUST BUY ONE AND GET IT OVER WITH! the minute you plug in you will FORGET any $$$$$$... eat ramen noodles... its worth it.!!

Ok, ok. I get it and actually did just pull the trigger today and bought one. So can't wait til it arrives and I can dive into it. Your settings will be one of my first stops!

I believe you're right about it being the curve - by throwing an EQ curve post-cab on some JA-type sounds on my system I was able to get it dialed in pretty close.

Keep in touch. rest up. you will for sure lose sleep. I think we all have. dont forget the Top Boost amp with EVM /Royer deal. Gain to taste. little less bass to compensate for a FAT mic. Thats the ticket!

I weonder why Johnny doesnt pull the trigger on one? Oh yeah i remember. FRactal doesnt do endorsemets he wold actaully have to PAY lol.

if Johhny sees this....Kidding JA, you righteous self-promoter you, if you read this. heheh. We love ya, great hands! See you at the Reins Deli on the way to a gig!

+1 on teh Brit Pre love. I keep trying to make patches with other amp sims, but the Brit Pre remains my go to amp.

wow, thanks don. i sincerely appreciate that someone may try it with all the good tips around here. I find the simple stuff pleases me.
thats a 'bucker tip.

sounds totally diff with my strats.. bump the bass, BRT off, then bump the PRES to compensate, touch more drive. Kinda like a vox with a brownface tonestack for a lazy guy lol.

best to all!!

js.

sweet suggestions! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom