Brit Floyd's "Another Brick, Pt. 2" Presets!

So cool to see how these are designed! Especially the tone stack shift between the Hiwatts.
@Cooper Carter Could you explain how Brit Floyd handles presets for their songs? For instance, do they use one preset and switch scenes within it, or do they use multiple presets for different parts of a song, like having four presets for one song (like these presets for Brick in the wall)

So cool to see how these are designed! Especially the tone stack shift between the Hiwatts.
@Cooper Carter Could you explain how Brit Floyd handles presets for their songs? For instance, do they use one preset and switch scenes within it, or do they use multiple presets for different parts of a song, like having four presets for one song (like these presets for Brick in the wall)
A different preset for each part in each song. Given their commitment to exact reproduction of the source material, the many different small parts can sometimes rely on entirely different "rigs," effects, and routings within each song. The individual preset workflow just makes more sense in this case, while also allowing clearer visual and editing access to all the various parts.

A different preset for each part in each song. Given their commitment to exact reproduction of the source material, the many different small parts can sometimes rely on entirely different "rigs," effects, and routings within each song. The individual preset workflow just makes more sense in this case, while also allowing clearer visual and editing access to all the various parts.
Totally understand this. I am trying to build more complex presets based on Rush's library of music, and sometimes trying to do it all for a song in one preset (with scenes) can be a bit cumbersome. Not that the preset needs are as complicated as it would be for all of the Floyd stuff, but being able to just go to a 'specific part' and have full editing access without impacting anything else is enticing...just lots of 'stuff' to manage at the end of the day! It would also lend well to the Songs/Setlist functionality!

Awesome Cooper. Red Rocks is awesome. I did some guitar tech for a U2 cover band there. The recreated the Under a Blood Red Sky Concert and sold out Red Rocks. The acoustics of the stage are outrageous. All the famous names lining the underground hall to the sound booth is legendary.

You should let me know if you are ever in Denver again. How long has it been since the Axe-Fest in LA? We were all so young then 1720216291069.jpeg

Toured that underground hall in 2019 - so cool! Blues Traveler”s techs were doing sound checks that afternoon, but we weren’t there for the show, however, I saw that particular show was released the next year on AXS TV!

Thank you for the fantastic gift! and the great tutorial.

Here is a small variation that I've made for Another Brick Part I. (FW26.00). Playing a Strat in position 2 (Seymour Duncan SSL-5 bridge + Fender CS69 mid)

Some changes I've made: set delay to 445 ms. Add GEC. Add Rotary. Add Vintage Preamp at CAB in High Quality (be careful if you are using headphones: there is often a loud pop when changing the Preamp type). Adjust Drive and saturation.

I've also moved the Delay and Reverb blocks to the main shunt-line. The way they were configured they produce a volume jump when they are bypassed.

And, of course, set Power Supply AC Line Frequency at the AMP block to 50Hz. This is a British tone, isn't it? (The devil is in the details😄)

Attachments

• Another Brick Part I.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I have converted the presets to FM3 (FW9-beta), with the only sacrifice of reducing the Reverb quality to Economy.

The blocks required some pre-arrangement on the Axe-FX III, otherwise it was a total mess to import directly to the FM3.

There is no need to use two CAB blocks. I have used one CAB in stereo. Chorus L-panned and a VOL/PAN block R-panned

1720257653760.png

Attachments

• CLEAN Bricks FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 13
  • RHYTHM Bricks FM3.syx
  • INTRO Bricks FM3.syx
Last edited:
Awesome Cooper. Red Rocks is awesome. I did some guitar tech for a U2 cover band there. The recreated the Under a Blood Red Sky Concert and sold out Red Rocks. The acoustics of the stage are outrageous. All the famous names lining the underground hall to the sound booth is legendary.

You should let me know if you are ever in Denver again. How long has it been since the Axe-Fest in LA? We were all so young then View attachment 142552
What a great pic! James, Cooper, Sean, Michael and Yek! All Fractal heroes -- in one shot!

Back
Top Bottom