BRIT FLOYD Gilmour Axe-Fx III Tone Tour with Edo Scordo

This video, then, and you are exceptions. At least 50% of the crowd at every show I see is watching through their phone's lens.
Yeah, I can't disagree with that number. And most of them are shooting vertical video.

There's a girl here who shoots a lot of phone videos of local bar bands (like mine) and posts them on Facebook. Not only are they vertical, she's singing along with the band (and not in tune) on most of them. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, I can't disagree with that number. And most of them are shooting vertical video.

There's a girl here who shoots a lot of phone videos of local bar bands (like mine) and posts them on Facebook. Not only are they vertical, she's singing along with the band (and not in tune) on most of them. 🤦‍♂️

Back when most people watched on horizontal screens like a tv or computer monitor vertical video was rather a bad thing, but these days with so much content actually viewed on phones (and not many rotate them to landscape view) there is a pretty compelling argument to film vertical as that may be the expected playback.

Sometimes I even like it better…. It’s just like taking a photo in vertical/portrait orientation, it kind of works better for head and torso shots right ? Wide 16:9 doesn’t always work for everything.

Back when most people watched on horizontal screens like a tv or computer monitor vertical video was rather a bad thing, but these days with so much content actually viewed on phones (and not many rotate them to landscape view) there is a pretty compelling argument to film vertical as that may be the expected playback.

Sometimes I even like it better…. It’s just like taking a photo in vertical/portrait orientation, it kind of works better for head and torso shots right ? Wide 16:9 doesn’t always work for everything.
Vertical for a live stage show probably doesn't work great, unless the staging is specifically designed for it. Does that happen?

Vertical for a live stage show probably doesn't work great, unless the staging is specifically designed for it. Does that happen?

If your talking while stage then landscape orientation likely makes more sense, but, if you’ve got Joe Rockstar standing there playing a solo, probably a more pleasing composition would be portrait/vertical orientation

I was a concert/music photographer for better part of a decade, and a while before phones could do video, and even DSLR’s didn’t really have video to speak of, but from a photo standpoint I didn’t shoot everything landscape even though stuff might of been viewed on computer monitors, though we used to still have print magazines back then lol. Used to do a lot of the 2 page posters in Kerrang! and while it was a two page spread, they often did it vertically figuring kids would tear it out, rotate 90 degrees and tape to the wall.

Funny, musically I sure never did anything worthy of fame, but by taking the picture of the famous guy it still says my name on the wall, just in really, really tiny print at the bottom

Enjoy this one -- phenomenal tones from Edo, here!!

Unfortunately I don't understand the point of these g66 videos...we know that fractal are crazy machines, but hearing these sounds without having the presets to study is totally useless, we know they are there but they are unattainable there, he says he has them but doesn't explain how do you get them...I don't understand why they don't put them on sale, g66 would make almost more money with those than with fm3 lol

Unfortunately I don't understand the point of these g66 videos...we know that fractal are crazy machines, but hearing these sounds without having the presets to study is totally useless, we know they are there but they are unattainable there, he says he has them but doesn't explain how do you get them...I don't understand why they don't put them on sale, g66 would make almost more money with those than with fm3 lol
Because the presets won’t sound the same with your hands, and ppl will complain wondering why it doesn’t sound the same. When the Phil Collen preset was released during Gift of Tone, everyone was so excited then quite a few ppl complained about how dark the sound was when they played it. It’s helpful getting effect settings like delays and modulations like from Steve Vai, Petrucci and Lifeson, but getting amp settings would be pointless. Also, the tones were designed to fit into a live mix, and were played with a strat with Gilmour EMGs, so it going to sound quite different when a guy plays it in his studio or bedroom.

Because the presets won’t sound the same with your hands, and ppl will complain wondering why it doesn’t sound the same. When the Phil Collen preset was released during Gift of Tone, everyone was so excited then quite a few ppl complained about how dark the sound was when they played it. It’s helpful getting effect settings like delays and modulations like from Steve Vai, Petrucci and Lifeson, but getting amp settings would be pointless. Also, the tones were designed to fit into a live mix, and were played with a strat with Gilmour EMGs, so it going to sound quite different when a guy plays it in his studio or bedroom.
All right, I agree, but in the meantime it would be a crazy base to work on, finally professional presets with dozens of audio examples. In the meantime, pass them on, then we'll take care of the hands and the emg lol

It's up to the preset creator to release\sell them... Plenty of great presets you can download for free. Just not everything. Fractal is not selling guitar lessons.

It's up to the preset creator to release\sell them... Plenty of great presets you can download for free. Just not everything. Fractal is not selling guitar lessons.
☝️☝️☝️

But you can ask for tips on how to get the core tone, or a specific thing you are interested in. There are plenty of very knowledgable people here who can help.

Back
Top Bottom