BRIT FLOYD Gilmour Axe-Fx III Tone Tour with Edo Scordo

It sounds just as massive and spot on with Gilmour’s tones sitting in the mix in concert too. They put on an awesome show, so if you get the chance you should definitely go! I’ve seen them 4 times now and each show was stellar.

Following. Just to get a notice when these patches are released or on sale

Spongebob Squarepants Drooling GIF by Nickelodeon
drooling GIF

What a setting!
Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison, Colorado

I see shows there every season. It is also becoming increasingly possible for local bands to play there in the off season.

When it is cold it is cheap to rent. So there have been some small mini festivals put on with local bands. I have a friend that ran the FOH board at one of the local band showcases. He told me it was cold as sh*t and only about a quarter to a third full. Even so it would be great to do it just for the experience of being on the stage at Red Rocks. It's not unusual that we get mid 60 degree days in Morrison in late November - early December. So if you are lucky to have that kind of weather window then an afternoon show would be great.

Of course it can also be dumping snow that time of year. IIRC No refunds for weather when you rent it. Some of those local band shows did go on even with snow falling - likely to an audience made up mostly of close friends and family on those days!

Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison, Colorado

I see shows there every season. It is also becoming increasingly possible for local bands to play there in the off season.

When it is cold it is cheap to rent. So there have been some small mini festivals put on with local bands. I have a friend that ran the FOH board at one of the local band showcases. He told me it was cold as sh*t and only about a quarter to a third full. Even so it would be great to do it just for the experience of being on the stage at Red Rocks. It's not unusual that we get mid 60 degree days in Morrison in late November - early December. So if you are lucky to have that kind of weather window then an afternoon show would be great.

Of course it can also be dumping snow that time of year. IIRC No refunds for weather when you rent it. Some of those local band shows did go on even with snow falling - likely to an audience made up mostly of close friends and family on those days!
I know where it is, just expressing that it's an incredible venue with a pic showing a cool perspective.

I know where it is, just expressing that it's an incredible venue with a pic showing a cool perspective.
Yep I was in the 4th row for a Govt Mule show there around 6 or 7 years ago when there was a nearly full moon looking back up towards the west. Pretty much same perspective from that shot. Not from the stage obviously but the moon was framed between the rock formations. Best venue I have been to just about anywhere. Sound is great too. Maybe just don't go to an EDM show there. Back in 2011 STS9 played a show where some people alleged the sub bass freqs shook some rocks loose from those iconic formations and people got hurt. Others said it may have been animals or people climbing on the rocks that caused it. Not sure if they ever figured it out.

But there were some ugly law suits since then so I know they scour the formations for potential rock falls now. I'm going to see Umphrey's McGee there in 5 days, Lyle Lovett towards the end of the month, Tedeschi Trucks in July, Dark Side of The Mule in August, and Sting in Sept.

Red Rocks Rocks.

Great show in Albuquerque from the third row last Sunday. Having played in a Pink Floyd tribute band myself, I know some of the challenges of chasing Gilmour's tones, and Brit Floyd nailed them. Friends I was with saw them at Red Rocks a few years ago and they both agreed the sound was better in ABQ.

Thanks, Cooper. 👍 That video showed up in my YT feed last night and I immediately saved it for later.
...I'll never understand why people want to watch an entire show in person through their phone...
I was thinking the same thing when I was recording a few songs at their concert last weekend, but I realized that once I had the camera pointed where I wanted it, I was watching the stage, not my camera. I suspect the person who recorded the video you linked to was resting their camera on the balcony rail and not really looking at it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Cooper. 👍 That video showed up in my YT feed last night and I immediately saved it for later.

I was thinking the same thing when I was recording a few songs at their concert last weekend, but I realized that once I had the camera pointed where I wanted it, I was watching the stage, not my camera. I suspect the person who recorded the video you linked to was resting their camera on the balcony rail and not really looing at it.

This video, then, and you are exceptions. At least 50% of the crowd at every show I see is watching through their phone's lens.

Back
Top Bottom