bring the scene controllers feature to the next level

I think you just missed one line in the OP:
I may have missed it or just forgot it by today :)
Oh, and I'm so glad you mentioned this term! 🙂 I hadn't thought to search for that. I'm definitely interested in the approaches of others, like, e.g., @Joe Bfstplk and @mixermang's approaches talked about in that other thread. I love this pool of knowledge. The unit is so truly powerful, you can easily never finishing exploring all of what's available to you, especially if you also wanting actually to play music haha.
Try searching for morphing in the Axe Fx II forums. The folks you mentioned are fairly new and not the ones I was thinking of (not to take anything away from them).

I did this many, many years ago (with no idea of the name) with my ART SGX-2000 because I didn't like the lag/gap when changing presets. In that case, I used one of the expression pedals to morph between my rhythm and lead sounds. I believe there was the ability to assign modifiers on 12 simultaneous parameters on that unit.

Try searching for morphing in the Axe Fx II forums. The folks you mentioned are fairly new and not the ones I was thinking of (not to take anything away from them).

I did this many, many years ago (with no idea of the name) with my ART SGX-2000 because I didn't like the lag/gap when changing presets. In that case, I used one of the expression pedals to morph between my rhythm and lead sounds. I believe there was the ability to assign modifiers on 12 simultaneous parameters on that unit.

IIRC, the Quadraverb II had 8, but it allowed one to cleanly switch enough stuff in and out via CC to get by. Been doing this stuff since I got the Q2 back when dirt was rocks.... :D

This is the kind of stuff I used to do with guitar amp plugins before I had the Axe FX. I'd run two amps in parallel, and just use MIDI CCs (and Bome MIDI Translator to change the mix between them gaplessly, as well as changing gain and every other knob I cared about. That is easier in some ways, since with MIDI you can specify each CC to a specific parameter value in your plugin. And I did that when I first got the Axe FX too, but I really wanted to get the hang of Cliff and the other engineers' logic behind their FC design, so I made it a challenge to myself to learn gapless switching without using any external gear, meaning excluding MIDI.

thank you all for your replies.
It seems to me that there are some workarounds to achieve what I'm asking. However the procedure is so complex and requires so many steps for no reason that makes me wonder: why?. I don't know how hard would be doing this for developers, but I hope they will take care of this feature in the near future and make it intuitive and easy to use in a similar way competitors do, letting us to set all parameters we want in a precise and indipendent way for all blocks in all scenes :)

I know that the block 2/4 channel feature (while is a little dsp consuming and has that audio gap thing )is very helpful in obtaining different settings and type for each block, but still we have 8 scenes :D

Last edited:
It seems to me that there are some workarounds to achieve what I'm asking. However the procedure is so complex and requires so many steps for no reason that makes me wonder: why?. I don't know how hard would be doing this for developers, but I hope they will take care of this feature in the near future and make it intuitive and easy to use in a similar way competitors do, letting us to set all parameters we want in a precise and indipendent way for all blocks in all scenes :)

I know that the block 2/4 channel feature (while is a little dsp consuming and has that audio gap thing )is very helpful in obtaining different settings and type for each block, but still we have 8 scenes :D
Inactive channels don't consume CPU - only the active one in each block.

Reactions: Rex

This 1000%. And it’s even easier than Helix in the Quad Cortex. It’s overly complicated on the FM9 and requires math. Math is hard.

Back
Top Bottom