Brand new MFC dit user quick question

Nagi Mysore

Inspired
Ok I have never backed up a MFC before...so I am unable to get a dump file...just bought MFC Edit and tring to use it.

1. Have connected over USB. No Midi cable. Is a midi cable required?? or can I get dump over USB only? I have a midi cable but I dont want to leave yet another cable connected.
2. Did the I/O settings : sysex none, usb on. in Axe.
3. Set up MFC to use midi ior Port expansion - tried both nothing happens
4. Pressed Ok in MFC edit and then enter on MFC

No data coming...where could the problem be??

BTW is there step by step MFC edit for dummies setup video or pdf doc or something??..I saw the overview video on youtube...it doesn't talk about connections etc. We need a video like Chris's video for updating firmware etc....

BTW this may not be a MFC Edit only problem I cant get the backup dump from Fractal bot. The update to 3.07 went through just fine.

If its available recommend making that a sticky perhaps??

Thanks for any help in advance...

Ok it appears somehow I am able to get a dump in Bot now....the setting on MFC was Use expansion (not Midi).

Now MFC edit does not read the file...says it corrupted.

And the MFC Edit tool to recieve sysex still gives the invalid sysex message...Initial message is missing etc

Yeah I got it too... But it assumes that u can get the dump to work... I can get the sys ex through bot now not axe edit and axe edit says the dump file is corrupted

Ok I have never backed up a MFC before...so I am unable to get a dump file...just bought MFC Edit and tring to use it.

1. Have connected over USB. No Midi cable. Is a midi cable required?? or can I get dump over USB only? I have a midi cable but I dont want to leave yet another cable connected.
2. Did the I/O settings : sysex none, usb on. in Axe.
3. Set up MFC to use midi ior Port expansion - tried both nothing happens
4. Pressed Ok in MFC edit and then enter on MFC

No data coming...where could the problem be??

BTW is there step by step MFC edit for dummies setup video or pdf doc or something??..I saw the overview video on youtube...it doesn't talk about connections etc. We need a video like Chris's video for updating firmware etc....

BTW this may not be a MFC Edit only problem I cant get the backup dump from Fractal bot. The update to 3.07 went through just fine.

If its available recommend making that a sticky perhaps??

Thanks for any help in advance...

Until you can capture a file that is exactly 140915 bytes in length, your transmission isn't working correctly.
If you are using the Axe-Fx as a MIDI interface make sure that you view the "Get Help Connecting Your MFC-101" panel by clicking that button on the Receive SysEx Window off the Tools menu. Make sure your Axe-Fx settings are correct. Also you can try the SLOW DUMP option in the MFC-101 instead of just the DUMP option. Press the UP/DOWN switches to get o it.
Please open a support ticket with Fractal Audio (so as not to clutter the forum) and include the following information:
  • USB/MIDI interface that you are using
  • EXACTLY where each of your cables are connected
  • Which Operating System you have
  • From the EXTRAS page, after attempting a capture, press the "View Errors" button on the EXTRAS pane and paste that into the ticket
  • Attach the sysex file that you were able to capture using Fractal Bot

This is a common problem for newbies, and I encourage everyone to get a good USB/MIDI interface like the Roland UM-ONE.

Thanks I have opened a ticket.

FYI - I am unable to find what connections and what settings should be used either in the manual or video. Pl consider putting a doc with step by step somewhere. May help reduce support ccalls ??

That said I am looking for basic stuff Pl let me know:

1. What cables are needed?
2. Does Ethernet between MFC and AXE suffice or midi cable required in addition to Ethernet / in place of ethernet etc
3. If Ethernet is used - what are the settings? on MFC and on AXE
4. If Midi is used what are the settings. on MFC and on AXE

I have tried the dump using the settings that pop up. I understand it is a common problem..which means a sticky for connecctions may be needed??

You can use an ethernet and/or FASLINK cable to power MFC but it still needs a 5-pin MIDI cable in order to receive data

Thanks I have opened a ticket.

FYI - I am unable to find what connections and what settings should be used either in the manual or video. Pl consider putting a doc with step by step somewhere. May help reduce support ccalls ??

That said I am looking for basic stuff Pl let me know:

1. What cables are needed?
2. Does Ethernet between MFC and AXE suffice or midi cable required in addition to Ethernet / in place of ethernet etc
3. If Ethernet is used - what are the settings? on MFC and on AXE
4. If Midi is used what are the settings. on MFC and on AXE

I have tried the dump using the settings that pop up. I understand it is a common problem..which means a sticky for connecctions may be needed??
From my previous post in this thread:
If you are using the Axe-Fx as a MIDI interface make sure that you view the "Get Help Connecting The MFC-101 To Your Computer" panel by clicking that button on the Receive SysEx Window off the Tools menu. The explicit instructions that you are looking for can be found on the help that pops up.
Are you using some other MIDI/USB interface?

Back
Top Bottom