Brand new Axe II arrives today, and I am freaking stuck in the ER

sarge

Power User
So today is the day my Axe FX II arrives. I am busy as hell at work, so even though I work from home to take the delivery, I get maybe 10 minutes on the thing.

When I woke up this morning I had some pretty bad stomach pain, and had it all day. So I go see my Dr. She tells me I probably have appendicitus.

Now, instead of sitting at home playing guitar all night, I'm sitting here drinking this nasty CT contrast waiting to see if I am getting my appendix out. Not knowing anything about that I have no idea if that is going to put me out of commission as far as playing guitar the next week or so.

When I bought my ultra I needed surgery a couple days after I got it and could not play guitar for a week due to the fact I had surgery on my wrist.

This is just killing me.

In those ten minutes I did get to play, I fell in love with the Plexi Treble preset. Sounds amazing.

Dude needs to hurry up with the pain meds though ;)

Dude take care of yourself man. I hope they don't gotta put you under the knife and a fast recovery for axe shredding :) luck be with you!

So today is the day my Axe FX II arrives. I am busy as hell at work, so even though I work from home to take the delivery, I get maybe 10 minutes on the thing.

When I woke up this morning I had some pretty bad stomach pain, and had it all day. So I go see my Dr. She tells me I probably have appendicitus.

Now, instead of sitting at home playing guitar all night, I'm sitting here drinking this nasty CT contrast waiting to see if I am getting my appendix out. Not knowing anything about that I have no idea if that is going to put me out of commission as far as playing guitar the next week or so.

When I bought my ultra I needed surgery a couple days after I got it and could not play guitar for a week due to the fact I had surgery on my wrist.

This is just killing me.

In those ten minutes I did get to play, I fell in love with the Plexi Treble preset. Sounds amazing.

Dude needs to hurry up with the pain meds though ;)

Good luck Sarge. I had my appendix out a few years back (I'm nearly 27) and they were able to do it through a very tiny incision on my lower abdomen. I felt way better the next day and was out for about 2 days tops. Yah I was sore... but if what you love is not physically intensive, you should be back with your Axe II in no time.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

--Brandon

Thanks Guys

Glad to hear it is a quick recovery.

Pain med guy came buy, so it's not a total bust ;)
Definitely feeling no more pain!

Yeah, get it checked and take care of yourself. Taking it out is nothing compared to a rupture. I ignored mine just toughing it out. I was on stage playing guitar in a production of Godspell when mine ruptured. Felt like a 12 gauge to the gut. I keeled over and was out cold. They had to remove several feet of intestine that was poisoned when the appendix ruptured.

When people call me an a-hole I can truthfully say, "not as big of one as I used to be".

When you are all healed up and healthy your gear will be there waiting for you. Good luck!

I had my appendix out almost a year ago. It was the easiest thing I ever went through... Went to sleep, woke up a little sore with a couple tiny incisions... After the hospital released me I went home for a couple days, but I could play all the guitar I wanted. It really wasn't that bad at all. Two weeks and I was back to the gym doing crossfit and playing volleyball tournaments.

Don't sweat getting your appendix out... It really won't set you back much at all... It's one of the most routine surgeries these days, and they don't even have to cut any muscle to take it out (if they do it laporoscopically).

I'll send you my address so your next of kin know where to have the Axe II sent if you end up not pulling through.

Either he's recovering from the op, or he opened up his Axe-II. :)

Neither actually.

Turns out my appendix is fine. I had a freaking blood clot. Something about the artery going to my liver.

Apparently it is not life threatening, but I am in the hospital for the next few days as they try and treat it.

I'm 40, run on average 12 miles a week and eat relatively healthy.

I feel fortunate I came in to see the doctor.

Nice thing is I never read the Axe II manual so I will be doing that while I am here

Back
Top Bottom