boys are back in town

sirgary

Hello people, Is it possible to do a patch for the solo sections where there are two guitars playing together in harmony. Have one panned to the left and one to the right . Or can enyone suggest a patch to do something similar. I am pretty new to the FX2 and dont seem to be getting anywhere as yet. The harmony lines dont seem too convincing when I try to set it up.
Thanks for any replies.
Gary

i have a patch for this. i'll post it later

be aware that the solo section uses a different harmony than the main riff. i did have an uber patch that allowed me to play the main harmonised riff and do the solo as well, but now i do the solo section with the keyboard player doing one of the parts. it's just less tap dancing.

if you want a quick fix, drop the pitch shifter in after the amp and select the intelligent harmoniser.

set the scale to custom, key to A and set number of notes to 6. voice 1 harmony to -3 and voice 2 level to zero
set the custom notes to C, D, E, F, G, A
you'll need to play the riff, so that your first note is A and the harmony will play the lower part for you

if you're using one amp in the patch, put a volume block in with the balance panned to one side. put the pitch block in underneath in a parallel row with the harmony panned all the way to the other side. engage both at the same time when you want to play the harmony part. otherwise use two amps and cabs panned hard left and right and put the pitch block in front of one of the amps

sorry fellas, been really busy - here's the pitch block set up to do the harmony. mix is at 100%. it's up to you where you place it and what you do with it. if you're still having problems, let me know and i'll do a patch

Attachments

• Boys Are Back.blk
    621 bytes · Views: 50
gonna paste this in from another thread. can't be bothered to type it all again...

it's an fx block. drop it into your fractal audio workspace on your hard drive.

the best thing to do is this...

open axe edit
select a spot on the grid and drop in the pitch block
down the bottom left of the axe edit window, you'll see an area called "blocks library"
click on the "+" next to the little black area
this will prompt you to do a save - go ahead and save as "test"
find your fractal audio workspace on your hard drive
go to axe edit > blocks
in there, you'll find a folder called pitch and in there, a blk file called "test"
you can delete the test file and drop the blk file i gave you into that pitch folder

go back to axe edit and open up a patch that you would like to use the pitch block in
drop the pitch block into your layout after the cab in a parallel row
click on the blocks library black area while the pitch block is selected in the layout
select "boys are back"

this will load the settings into the pitch block

Ok Simeon I will give that a try tomorrow, (dont hold your breath).
That is getting into pastures new for me.
G

here's a very quick patch i just knocked up to get the ball rolling. you can't play the solo with this, as you need two scales to do it and switch between them. i do have a patch for that, but it needs tweaking for scenes

scene 1 rthythm
scene 2 harmonised riff
scene 3 harmonised riff with 2 harmonies

Attachments

• Boys Are Back no solo.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks Simeon for that. Will try that in the morning if its raining.
Looking forward to getting the complete patch sorted.
G

Back
Top Bottom