bought a rack case, is it too big?haha

Yes. :) That's huge. Most rack builders have a 'shallow' depth rack that would fit the Axe-FX. Best to get measurements and make sure your stuff will fit, the depth is not standardized in any way, they all vary. Some racks also have rear rack rails, and some people mount stuff in the back too if it makes sense (patch panels, etc.).

Also.. you don't have to balance the thing on top of your 4x12 (just because that's where you used to put your amp head). :)

Doh. Thought it looked huge. Sat infront of me now. Need to find my tape. Might send it back.
Can anyone find a 4u with wheels that's around the right size please?
UK. I'm lost to what I want.haha

Least its big enough to put my cables in too haha.

Tell me about it mate. I'm running low on funds stretching to the axe fx live set up as it is.haha.
Anyone know any cheaper than sbk ones? They look good tho. How deal is the axe fx? I can't find a tape anywhere.
Or what sizes should I look for?

You're in the UK too then?

I'd return that and get the 400mm depth rack case from Flightcase Warehouse.
I have it and it fits the Axe perfectly.
You will need to use right angled cables though as it is quite shallow.

Still cannot believe prices you guys in the EU have to pay. I bought an identical 8U case for $60 including shipping.
Off topic: Germany, BMW 550i xDrive Limousine, no options costs about 74.000€. USA, BMW 550i xDrive Sedan, 80% of all options possible costs about 78.000$.

Back to topic: I own the Gator GRR-4L, which looks a lot like the Trojan MKII 4U Wheeled Rack Case. It fits on top of my 4x12 ENGL-Cab - the stability is decent, but not safe earthquake-proof, if you know what I mean. In my opinion, it is a little bit too deep. I also put a drawer in it, which makes it quite heavy.

Nothing wrong with extra depth. Note sure how deep it is cause I did not do the conversion. I just bout a new case with wheels that is like 20+ inch deep. It is big but all cables get wrapped up nice and neat in the back. I kind of dig the extra room

Shallow racks don't protect the AxeFX2 properly, if it took a fall the rear is at risk, especially if it has all your cables plugged in. I went for the SKB 4u rolling rack and its a great case. The only thing I did was build a 1 u patch panel to extend the physicial outputs to the rear of the case to save me fumbling around in the dark recesses of the case at dark gigs.

Balancing any rack case on top of a 4x12 is a dicey proposition at best. :)

^ Quite... ^

So perhaps the 4x12 is the weak link...
whistle.gif

Have you considered a floor monitor and using the AxeFX full range / direct to PA etc..?
thinking.gif

I have an embarrassingly large 10 space shock rack on 4" casters. Put a 2x12 on top which is great for hearing myself. Maybe try your cab on top of the rack?

My cab is heavy,very heavy. More likely to crush the case than be more stable.haha.

Not into pa stuff just yet. Maybe down the line. Small gigs and stuff makes me want to be self sufficient for a while.haha.

Looks like I'm sending this case back and getting a skb roller case from the same people. Should have done that 1st really.doh!

Back
Top Bottom