Bought a banjo.

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
I have always wanted to learn how to play a banjo, so I bought one at Guitar center on Friday. Anybody else play one? There are a couple courses on truefire.com that I am going through right now, so I don't have to guess. Some of the guitar translates over.

Here it is.

ysa5u4ad.jpg

2upetygu.jpg

3abasyre.jpg

They say 80% is in the right hand, so I'll be spending most of my time learning the different rolls, forward reverse etc-. There are a ton of resources on YouTube for the fundamentals. The great thing is my nephew got a banjo awhile ago, so we will learn together. To bad my kids are already grown and could care less about stringed instruments.

I wanted banjo years ago, and the music store I worked at gave me one as a Christmas bonus. I played "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" for my wife on our first date. It worked, she loved it! I haven't played it for several years, but I still have it. I bought a crap load of Mel Bay books and just taught myself enough to have fun with it, and they are fun. I'm going to have to dust it off now and see if I can remember anything. :)

I think a banjo would be a very interesting instrument to have.

If you can deal with the weird looks you 'll be getting from some people, that is, especially in places where banjos are not common.

Back
Top Bottom