Boston's Foreplay/Longtime Quantum 1.02 Tone Test

Moke man! I will try your preset tonight, but from the posts I've been reading it seems you got an awesome Boston Tone! Thank you for sharing your hard work! Ill try it and most likely thank you for a LONGTIME...! Best Flav!

Boston's Foreplay/Longtime Quantum 2.XX Tone
Hi Moke
Will be never updated,

To keep alive the legend Boston :D

Boston's Foreplay/Longtime Quantum 2.XX Tone
Hi Moke
Will be never updated,
To keep alive the legend Boston :D
Yes...........I am using that preset live with Q2.01 with a couple of minor tweaks. After our 'House of Blues' show this weekend I will update to the latest firmware and tweak away. And then post the updated preset.....

Thanks Moke :D:D:D
Now I do not know whether to upgrade in Q3 ...:confused:
Or remain firm in Q2 ....;)
Hahaha
We wait your news :)

Sounds great ...even for off a cell. Excellent. Don't think that Tom Scholz tone could be done any better other than by Tom himself.

That's pretty damn sweet all around. Those vocals are a tough card to draw, but your front man did a damn fine job with it. Honestly, I've seen and heard Boston live (not a ton) and if you played just the music I'd be hard pressed to tell it wasn't Boston. Excellent work. Congratulations!

This IS RIGHT ON TIME. sounds great. I was directed over here after asking in the AX8 section , if someone could help me with some Tom Scholz sounds , cause we were requested to play some Boston at an upcoming show. Moke , what can I do to get your great settings into my AX8 ?

Wow Moke! If Gary ever needs a night off they wouldn't miss a beat with you in there. But might not sounds as good if Tom made you use his gear...;)

Your entire band really sounds great................

This IS RIGHT ON TIME. sounds great. I was directed over here after asking in the AX8 section , if someone could help me with some Tom Scholz sounds , cause we were requested to play some Boston at an upcoming show. Moke , what can I do to get your great settings into my AX8 ?
What Boston song were you thinking of doing? This preset was 'Tone Matched' specifically for 'Foreplay/Longtime'and sits in the mix well with the keyboard parts in that song, but It's a bit harsh for other songs.

I can remove the extra blocks for the 'Acoustic' and other song specific sounds to reduce the CPU load. Then 'Tone Match' it to another song and save that 'Tone Match' as an IR. Then convert that for the AX8......

What Boston song were you thinking of doing? This preset was 'Tone Matched' specifically for 'Foreplay/Longtime'and sits in the mix well with the keyboard parts in that song, but It's a bit harsh for other songs.

I can remove the extra blocks for the 'Acoustic' and other song specific sounds to reduce the CPU load. Then 'Tone Match' it to another song and save that 'Tone Match' as an IR. Then convert that for the AX8......

Tough pick , the whole first album kicks Azz. Rock and Roll Band and Smokin are the first 2 candidates.

...- But you know how it is , it starts with 1 or 2 , then you end up playing the album.
Moke - you're awesome.

Well......as it turns out, that preset and IR actually works for a lot of 'Boston' songs. Just raise or lower the 'High Cut' parameter in the Cab block and then add the effects that you need for a particular song......:)

Here is a generic 'Boston' starting place Preset/Cab bundle to start you off.

Scene #1....Main Rhythm.
Scene #2....Main Rhythm......less gain (via 'Filter' block) for verses and such.
Scene #3....Solo.

Another Factory preset in the making....;):D

'AX8' version is here......http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/anyone-help-with-a-boston-sound.114747/#post-1372191

http://www.custompresets.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom