Boss AC-3 in loop

gtrjunkie

Inspired
Someone gave me a Boss Acoustic Simulator a few months ago. I never tried it and decided to try it in the loop. Never really messed with the FX loop. I plugged FX send to pedal input and pedal output to FX return. Using a blank patch with just FX Loop, I expected to be able to turn up output level 2 to hear the pedal but get no sound. Only dry guitar sound with output 1 level. What am I doing wrong?

Using a blank patch with just FX Loop
did you also put shunts from Input to Output?

if so, there might not be enough level going in and out of the pedal. shunts only is pretty quiet. try a Filter block with the Level boosted before or after the FX Loop block

shunts all the way through. Tried filter block, nothing. I'm using headphone with output 2 all the way up and hear no signal.

I can hear the dry sound when I have output 1 up. There's nothing to the preset except shunts and the fxloop block.

I'd run it into the front of the axe- i wouldn't put it in the fx loop- so it can track the guitar best

What I'm attempting to do is run 2 signal chains. One with just the AC-3(FXLoop), and the other a normal chain for the distorted sound and use a mixer block/exp pedal to go between the 2 chains. Is this possible?

Yes, it's possible. But you need to run both chains to Output 1 of you want to hear them in your headphones.

Back
Top Bottom