Boot up Axe and sounds like I have cocked wah on?

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
So when I boot up my Axe, sometimes it sounds like I have a half cocked wah on.
I flip on another preset and flip back and it sounds normal again.
Just reloaded all preset banks, and I haven't touched them.
Very odd.
Anyone else experience this?

How the hell do you post so fast?!

It's the Friedman HBE factory preset (either 24 or 34)
Patch has a wah, and it's set to external 1.
I have a trs cable plugged into my pedal input....but my expression pedal isn't connected.
Could the trs be grounding out and causing it to engage?

If nothing is plugged in the pedal will go to full on. This is probably engaging the wah. You can disconnect the modifier or delete the block.

How the hell do you post so fast?!

It's the Friedman HBE factory preset (either 24 or 34)
Patch has a wah, and it's set to external 1.
I have a trs cable plugged into my pedal input....but my expression pedal isn't connected.
Could the trs be grounding out and causing it to engage?

When the pedal isn't connected you need to go to the 3rd I/O page (MIDI) and set the EXT CTRL 1 to 100%.
When the pedal is not connected set it to 0%.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes. I have a wah at the front of my signal chain. I tend to copy this preset as a template, and change amps/cabs and changing delay and reverb mix settings to suit songs. I've notice the half cocked wah at certain times. Mainly experiencing it with scene changes. Now that every patch change in a song also has a scene change command so I can control overall volume. When I encounter this wah, I cycle my expression pedal to make the wah turn off (yes, it is set to auto engage). Then I go back to scene one and save the preset on the front panel. I don't know if the FAS guys would think this would help, but the way I figure it, I'm going heel down on the offending scene, so that the wah is off, and then I'm saving it in that initial setting.

If it helps, I use a LF+12 and have the global menu set to auto calibrate expressions, even though I ALWAYS plug the same pedal into the same port.

This is something new with V10. I started using scenes right away, and I am still using the same presets that I created in December, just tweaking them to be song specific.

I comb through each scene while rehearsing at home, and sometimes never have the wah phenomenon. However, this past weekend it cropped up twice in one set, and it was in the second service - it did not do it in the first service or the sound check. My gear was never turned off, so it didn't reset this way..

Just really really weird.

When the pedal isn't connected you need to go to the 3rd I/O page (MIDI) and set the EXT CTRL 1 to 100%.
When the pedal is not connected set it to 0%.

Tried this, but it didn't seem to change anything.

It's odd....any preset that has a wah in the chain...which is like all of the first 50+ factory presets.
Only when I turn the Axe on....doesn't matter which preset I'm on, the Wah is on.
If I flip the preset, and then go back...the wah is off.
In all of these presets, there is a wah in the chain, but it's not engaged (block is not active....EXCEPT for when I boot up).
How is booting my Axe activating the wah? But not when I navigate to that same preset?

Back
Top Bottom