Bonamassa's Dumble

I'm looking for a matching pair and they only have 1. O well... Guess I could set it up in front of a mirror, but one of the amps would be elbmuD. Too confusing. I'll stick with FAS.... or is it SAF? Too much 60's revelry.

Yeah, he said in the latest Guitarist magazine interview, (also the vid above), he sold his Dumbles. When reading back Cliff's post about the Dumble amps, it makes sense, I'm sure he'd rather have the cash to spend on some more vintage guitars, than keep those amps long-term, which are worth a lot of money, but perhaps aren't all they're hyped up to be. Bet there was some decent profit made in the sale though :)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/dumble-ford-2-again.105028/page-2#post-1268606

I'm glad to see Steven taken seriously in that article. Most people laugh when you talk about Steven. His guitar and amplifier collection is amazing. He is also a great guitarist in my opinion.

Yes, Steven is a good guitar player. I've seen pics of some of his collection a few years ago and it was quite nice. First time I saw an album with him on it, I was like what a funny photoshop.. but then I found some of his music and it wasn't too bad. Hes actually a pretty good soft blues player.

I have to break out my stencils. Instant proof of authenticity.

The most interesting part of the above interview was his comment "To do the blues thing right, I was going to have to go real stripped-down". I saw a televised concert of him in England with a very large band, where the sound was immaculate. Too immaculate. Flawlessly polished and slick modern production techniques. As great as his playing and singing were, I felt no sense of "the blues". For me, part of the emotional impact comes from the swampy, muddy, distorted character of the old recordings, or at least the simplicity of the arrangements. This is one reason the movie "American Graffiti" worked so well for me; the audio quality (or lack of) of the music coming from cheap mono car speakers.

Back
Top Bottom