Bonamassa sh!tstorm in 3...2...1....

The real question is why is he holding an Axe FXII? Did he buy one? Did someone give him one? Maybe he will fall in love with it as we have.

I take it as a good natured ribbing of anything "not analog" because Joe know's that all of his fans are familiar with his love for (and collection of) tube amps. Especially the old ones he's constantly finding, buying and posting short video's of himself playing.

On the other hand...... perhaps he was totally serious and the jokes on all of us. :shock

I don't think he took a shot at Fractal. His comment leads me to believe he used it for that particular show, probably out of necessity or logistics. His comments about bluetooth/laptop/ipad etc are just his sense of humor due to the fact he went digital for a show. If he in fact did use it, I'm sure he loved it and will be adding a few to his racks. A vintage gear hound like Joe surely won't abandon his tube arsenal but why not add the greatest black box guitar processor ever. You rock Joe! Welcome to fold

Palmer have his Joe Bonamassa signature model 'JB PDI 03' out now... he's not adverse to using simulators...
Anyone at his level knows that comments like that are going to create some waves... I dunno, it's a bit bizarre - Is he sober!??

...actually he is showing all the symptoms of a person blindly unaware of FW18.01 ;)

Last edited:
He sure has some skills with the instrument he's playing ;) I saw and especially heard him live three weeks ago and was literally shocked about his great tone.
If you look at his face in the pic, he has this diabolic bad-joke-smile, i am myself special-familiar with, so what... hehehe :devilish:

PS: I love my Axe XL :encouragement:
I'm not talking about the instruments - talking about MacBook, iPad, DACs etc. - and of corse the AF2 ;)

It's been a running joke the past few years how every new product at NAMM has to somehow connect to an iPad, even when it makes little sense. That's such a hotbutton for gear consumers, not so much for pros. Great way to pad out the humour!

But in all seriousness, how could a guy like Joe NOT have an Axe-Fx? Even if it was only for toying with at home, or making demos. I've been saying for ages that EVERY guitarist who can afford one should have one, even if only for educational purposes.

Reactions: ALE
I saw "I actually bluetooth my guitar into a macbook" and started laughing.
Can you say signal degradation? Ha ha ha.

Unfortunetly Joe loves endorsemments, unless Fractal cuts him a deal this image is just a joke IMO, he has a lot of signature stuff, even a new Palmer Unit.... so.....

Careful painting Joe with that brush.. Yes he has several of those deals where he puts his name on a Sig model. But if you've followed Joe over the years you know he's NOT that guy who will play brand X because they paid him more than Y or Z would. I've read the (3rd party) stories where people have tried and FAILED to give him gear for free. He won't accept it. Alternately, if he tries and likes something, he will insist on paying full regular price like any other customer. I don't know, but I've read enough examples of this to believe it, and they go way back to early in his career when I'm sure the money saved would have been a big deal to him.

BTW.. speaking of early JB, he once used a Line6 combo in his multi-amp rig. I remember him describing it's purpose was to blend in with the other amp and 'like a good EQ', compensate for missing frequencies elsewhere as needed.

EDIT: I found a pic! From 2001.. looks like a L6 Vetta.
001cce19_medium.jpg

Last edited:
It's all good ,whatever works, and as long as peeps are buying tickets, no-one gives a crap, except for guitar gear whores.

What a twatcycle...well after that signal path and then into the Axe and have that sound (or did he have a bad sound that night?), kinda speaks for the Axe.... turns shit into gold!! lol:lol

Back
Top Bottom