Bogner Fish.. Amazing... Thank You!

dcareaga

Hi,
I rarely post on forums but love taking in all the information and opinions, all of it seems to help in someway.
I've been using an Axe-Fx since I bought an Ultra in 2009 (replacing my CAE 3+se/VHT Classic rig), I now use an Axe II.

I have loved using the Axe since day one.
I have always been able to create sounds I really liked and I have recorded a TON of tracks with it.
I have always gravitated to the Solo 100 or X88/99 models (Strangely I never bonded with the CAE Models, maybe because I used a VHT Classic with mine) or the Euro models for dirt sounds... and a Plexi 100 for my clean sound.

Then I downloaded 11.04

Seriously... The Fish models are absolutely astonishing!

I am currently re-tweaking all of my main sounds with these two models as the main "X" amp, Solo100/99/88 as the "Y" amp.

For the first time since 2009 I actually have sounds that I feel are 100% mine and tones that I genuinely love.

No disrespect intended to all the amp models that were there before, the Axe has always sounded great to me, but these just seem to feel and sound right for me.

So I just wanted to say Thank You to Cliff!!! and everyone else in development and beta testing.

Just when I think things are as good as they can be you always seem to out do yourself!

I am truly inspired by what I am getting out of my Axe II now.

So... what are the chances of "Country" and "Shark" models? :) ha ha ha

-dc

Yeah, Bogfish Brown into the Basketweave TV cab, with a little delay and reverb, is friggin awesome. It sounds very open, and yet is very smooth and liquid like for shred runs without much gain at all. Very peculiar. :lol

VeryNIce.jpg

Reinhold Bother was a crazy fucker that made awesome amps. I met him @ NAMM 2008 and thanked him for my uberschall. That thing was a monster. If I didn't"t care about my neighbors, I would still have that thing.

Reinhold Bother was a crazy fucker that made awesome amps. I met him @ NAMM 2008 and thanked him for my uberschall. That thing was a monster. If I didn't"t care about my neighbors, I would still have that thing.

why are you referring to him in the past tense??

I saw him last week at the LA Amp Show. He's something else. :)

People like new... and it's been asked for, for ages. I like the fish amps.. while looking for it in the list of amps I realized just how many amps we have to choose from, It really is crazy the choice we have right at our fingertips.

True, there are a plethora of amp models in the Axe right now that will do the crunchy rhythm/lead stuff really really well. As I scroll through them it's difficult to find one that sounds bad. After a while you lose your objectivity, but that's a nice problem to have! We've never had it better.

My Uberschall is my ONLY amp that I'd never sell, although the Axe and Own Hammer impulses get it so close, I can't even tell the difference anymore.

I saw the Basketweave TV mentioned but what are some other cabs that seem to be working well with the Fish? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Just got a chance to load up 11.05 (I was on 11.03) The Fish Brown is awesome! It took me about 4 minutes to dial up an awesome sounding patch with it (using my go-to TV Basketweave cab). My favorite new amp model in a long time.
-
Austin

These new Bogfish presets have some serious life in them! I too would love models of the additional voices in the Fish!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom