Bogner Ecstasy help

Random Hero

Inspired
Anybody have any tips on getting GREAT sounds from this model?

Which cab/impulses do you guys find work best? Base settings?

I copied the Lukather settings over for a starting point and used the German Boutique V30 cab but it sounds a bit... Congested. I know people complain about Bogners for that very reason but I didn't find the Ecstasy I had to sound quite as congested as this does.

Any tips/patches greatly appreciated.

i'd start with a different IR....that's a very dated one. some still use it but it wouldn't be my first choice. pay attention to MV as well as the treble, as the tapers on Bogner's are weird.

My steps for getting a GREAT Bogner Ecstasy sound...

1. Add either euro blue or red vintage model to preset.

End of steps :p

Seriously though, for the Euro models I just usually crank up the presence (generally in the 6-7+ range), and set BMT to taste. Factory cab-wise I usually like F47 or F52 (or a stereo cab of the two). For the RW cabs I'd always throw a mic sim on them (often times the R121 or U67) because they were captured with a flat mic. I also like the Orange cab (126 I think it is), I wouldn't put a mic sim on that one probably.

Nothin special really, but here's my preferred ecstasy patch which has the blue vintage on amp1 X side for a cleaner sound and Y side for a more crunch sound, and the euro red on amp2 for a more lead sound. I've switched out the user cabs I was using (both from Cab Pack 9), for the factory cabs I mentioned. It's one of those models that generally sounds good to me with pretty much any guitar or IR really...

Attachments

• XTC (xy) 3 .syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 53
Love the real life amp.

Found that with the XTC model you need to crank the presence up to between 7 and 8...and use the amp BOOST to simulate the boost on the footpedal the Ecstasy comes with; that really helps make it thicker and chunkier. It also likes a FET boost drive block in front.

It sounds fine with the Factory Uber 4x12 V30s, but also with Factory and other Greenback cabs.

Prefer the vintage model, and personally for the Blue channel I change the tube type to EL34s, and add a little preamp-dynamics -- about 0.5

The Red Channel when set right kicks ass -- like the early Montrose albums, but without w fuzz pedal.

Back
Top Bottom