Bogner Ecstacy Preset

Axe-Master
I stumbled across some really good sounding free IR's of a Bogner cab on the forum and decided to make an Ecstacy preset with 4 scenes. I totally get why this amp is revered, lower gain tones are dynamic and sit nicely in a mix whereas the high gain sounds go from Marshall to the outer solar system :p

Preset -http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5221

IR -http://tonicstud.blogspot.com.au/

I tried to install this preset last night and while it did load into the device and all the icons are present for the scenes, I don't get any sound out of the AX8. Other presets are working fine. Any suggestions as to what to check for? I installed the latest Firmware.

FustionState

I tried to install this preset last night and while it did load into the device and all the icons are present for the scenes, I don't get any sound out of the AX8. Other presets are working fine. Any suggestions as to what to check for? I installed the latest Firmware.

FustionState

Did you check the user cab slots in the preset? Anything in there? Possibility, it's happened to me before.

Ah, that may be the problem as I'm using a power amp-cabinet emulation. I'll check that area later. As with any new software system-box I could spend hours looking for an answer that is right in front of me.

regards,

FusionState.

This patch uses third party IR's (see description), so make sure you have them loaded up.

As I mentioned, I'm new to this system. I tried to download the cab-files, IR and they are no longer available. So what I would like to know: Can I just experiment with the existing cab options? It's late and I'm asking this as a backup to my next step, which will be to try that. I'll simply edit the existing cabinet and change that to something in the list? Of course it won't sound the same but close for now.

FusionState.

Works great. Sounds fantastic. So if I hadn't had the Cab model loaded, that would have caused no sound? I've put the Cab model into my custom cabs table, (don't remember the exact term).

It sounds like we have similar taste when it comes to Delay settings.

A little history that at some point I'll expound upon in the Lounge: Electronics and computers by trade. Since late 60's my first hobby. Started building tube amps about 2010 and restudying vacuum tube theory and amp design on a popular Forum. I've never had a philosophical problem with Modelers but they did sound dry and I preferred to run the output through a tube power amp. Currently in the process of packing up my parts to clear the bench for something else as I no longer need to build tube amps. One of my wish list projects was to build an Ecstasy...

I'll go into why this adventure was not a waste of several years time in the Lounge at some point soon.

Thanks for the files,

FusionState.

A little history that at some point I'll expound upon in the Lounge: Electronics and computers by trade. Since late 60's my first hobby. Started building tube amps about 2010 and restudying vacuum tube theory and amp design on a popular Forum. I've never had a philosophical problem with Modelers but they did sound dry and I preferred to run the output through a tube power amp. Currently in the process of packing up my parts to clear the bench for something else as I no longer need to build tube amps. One of my wish list projects was to build an Ecstasy...

Looking forward to hearing more about that.

With the cab blocks, that's probably the culprit. Really glad you like the preset, the Ecstacy models were an early favourite with the Ultra so it was nice to revisit them.

Back
Top Bottom