Bloom-style reverb?

On a casual listen it sounds like one of the "cloud" type Reverbs to me. I have something like that in my kitchen sink preset, but I don't remember which specific type it is.
He’s using a ton of decay time so it does sound cloud-like, but cloud reverbs don’t have that bloom/swell effect.

@iaresee you're on fire! That sounds fantastic. Factory preset 352 "Reverb DynaMix" uses a similar ADSR technique to crossfade a delay into a reverb.

The Megatap pre-swell technique works really too. I modified Factory preset 350, Plex Verb 8x2, by replacing the Multitap Delay block with the Megatap "Reverb Pre-Swell". Attached here for anyone who wants to try.

Attachments

• Mega Plex Verb 8x2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 39
@iaresee you're on fire! That sounds fantastic. Factory preset 352 "Reverb DynaMix" uses a similar ADSR technique to crossfade a delay into a reverb.
These requests are incredibly fun puzzles that are a great distraction from my awful day job and the leak in my upstairs bathroom tub that's destroyed my kitchen ceiling. :D

There are a variety of techniques that you can use. Another technique would be to put a Volume block in front of the Reverb with the type set to Auto-Swell. Or use a Gate block with a long attack time. Or connect the Envelope Follower to the Reverb's Input Gain.

The Megatap pre-swell technique works really too. I modified Factory preset 350, Plex Verb 8x2, by replacing the Multitap Delay block with the Megatap "Reverb Pre-Swell". Attached here for anyone who wants to try.
Looking forward to the next Sensitive Sunday :).

Back
Top Bottom