Wish Block status on the main screen

diskoduck

I use an external midi controller to switch blocks. It would be super helpful if there would be a visual representation on the main screen. Same as with scenes. Helix stomp does it also.

how is this any different than grid view on the main screen?
The Grid view isn't the default screen. But even putting that aside, the entire grid doesn't fit in the screen so you won't be able to see everything at a glance while performing.

What might be helpful is a view that just shows the blocks used in a preset in a simplified layout/list (disregards shunts, parallel paths, etc) and can quickly show their channel and bypass state.

I just had an issue at a show recently where I used a perform page to adjust the level of a drive block. I saved the preset but I did that without realizing I changed bypass states in one of my scenes as well. Those changes were inadvertently saved and had to go into the grid view, go to each scene, scroll to see all the blocks and make sure each block was in its correct state. A simplified blocks view like I described would have been great in that situation

Permanent list, or just that pops up momentarily when something is switched?

the entire grid doesn't fit in the screen
It does, use the Zoom function when on the grid screen.
Then move important blocks to different rows to make them pop up visually. Like move the Drive block to the very first row,
and the rest of the preset to the bottom row. Maybe move delay block to a second row if your is not in parallel already so it also pops up.

What we really need to see in the grid is a status of controllers...

It does, use the Zoom function when on the grid screen.
Then move important blocks to different rows to make them pop up visually. Like move the Drive block to the very first row,
and the rest of the preset to the bottom row. Maybe move delay block to a second row if your is not in parallel already so it also pops up.

What we really need to see in the grid is a status of controllers...
The zoomed out view is too small to read anything useful, especially while standing during a performance. Does it even show the channels? It only shows if blocks are active or bypassed if I recall.

So some sort of "status" page, that lists all blocks used in the preset, their bypass state, channels and also controllers would be great

This could be really useful as part of the Home page... there's a lot of space to the right of the Scene names where you could have room for up to 16 block names that could be bright when on, and dim when off. Not sure how to also show channels and controllers, but it would still help to see what blocks are in the preset, and which are on/off at a given time.

Right now I'm switching scenes but want to be free to additionaly do some gain stacking with compressor, different EQs and Drive.
Later in the chain I allways want to be able to switch tremolo and rotary. Espacially the gain pedals are hard to hear (if or not they are switched on).
So blocks, much like the scenes would be perfect!
Man could argue: go buy a fractal mc6 but......it's to big! I have to go with a morningstar mc 6.

+1 to be able to quickly see the status of the blocks (bypassed or not, and maybe the channels?) on the main screen on the preset
on the right side or put the scenes in a 2x4 grid and add a row below

Screenshot_20240420-092302.png

+1 to be able to quickly see the status of the blocks (bypassed or not, and maybe the channels?) on the main screen on the preset
on the right side or put the scenes in a 2x4 grid and add a row below

View attachment 139020
The FM3 grid supports up to 48 blocks (Axe Fx and FM9 have more)... How do you think those blocks could be represented here?

You can already see the grid... Put it in Zoom mode and arrange your blocks in a compact array.

Otherwise, you'd have to use most of the screen real estate to have an chance of making this useful.

Maybe an option in every block to enable displaying its status on the main screen with a limit of 10 blocks maximum? I suspect that meet most people's desires.

zoom mode (zoom out) on the grid is already a feature and the best way to see all block at once. it's small because there are 4 rows and many columns.

a different unit with less blocks possible can represent the blocks bigger.

i can't imagine looking at the screen to find text in some column that says Delay 1: On Ch A. it would take way too long. and with 25 blocks in a preset, it'd be hard to find and the text would be small. so then we move to having user configurable block status on the screen. and then it becomes how to i automatically have the blocks i want on the screen. and then it becomes i don't use this because i have to program the blocks that appear per preset and that takes too long. :D

As I mentioned above: Zoom Mode is not practical as I want to see the status of blocks SPREADED all around the layout.
PLUS: I have to have an overview of my scenes also.
Nickstomp and the others allready came up with a solution.

The FM3 grid supports up to 48 blocks (Axe Fx and FM9 have more)... How do you think those blocks could be represented here?

You can already see the grid... Put it in Zoom mode and arrange your blocks in a compact array.

Otherwise, you'd have to use most of the screen real estate to have an chance of making this useful.

Maybe an option in every block to enable displaying its status on the main screen with a limit of 10 blocks maximum? I suspect that meet most people's desires.
I have never seen my FM3 loading 48 FX Blocks! :D I'm not talking possible grid positions... Not the empty grid position has to be represented.

Back
Top Bottom