Wish BLOCK LINKS for Simultaneous Channel Switching!

The option to link blocks together so that you can change the channel on two or more blocks by moving only one. This would save up the need to use a Scene for this. For example:

BLOCK LINK ties Amp -> Cab

BLOCK LINK A -> AMP Channel A -> CAB Channel A (Dumble link)
BLOCK LINK B -> AMP Channel B -> CAB Channel B (Fender Link)
BLOCK LINK C -> AMP Channel C -> CAB Channel C (Vox Link)
BLOCK LINK D -> AMP Channel D -> CAB Channel D (Cranked Brown Sound Link)

Then without having to change scenes, you can just switch the BLOCK LINK (or whatever name) on any of the linked blocks, and it will automatically change the channel of whatever blocks are linked with it.

When would this come in handy? Say I make Scene 1 Dry Funk Rhythm, Scene 2 Solo Lead, Scene 3 Big Ambient sound. Then in each scene, I can scroll through the BLOCK LINKS and scroll through a batch of linked blocks.

Anyone else like this? Bueller??

Then in each scene, I can scroll through the BLOCK LINKS and scroll through a batch of linked blocks.
nice idea! similar concepts have come up before as well. i think we all want something in addition to Scenes for changing more than one thing at a time.

not sure if you're using the word "scroll" as a general term, but where would you envision this list/batch being viewed or stored? is this a footswitch thing?

nice idea! similar concepts have come up before as well. i think we all want something in addition to Scenes for changing more than one thing at a time.

not sure if you're using the word "scroll" as a general term, but where would you envision this list/batch being viewed or stored? is this a footswitch thing?

I picture it in the LAYOUT view, just like you can press ENTER to connect to blocks, maybe there can be another button (or buttons) that activate LINKING mode. In LINKING MODE all blocks are "Blinking or Flashing", then you can select blocks (up to a certain number) that you link. After you select them all, you exit Linking Mode and they're now linked, and can have a different color on the outline. i.e. If Amp and Cab and Reverb are linked, they can all be Light Blue, or something. Now, if you change the channel on either of those linked blocks, it will change it in all of the blocks that are linked with it.

In Axe Edit, maybe you right click, and under Bypass/Engage, you can have "LINK" which would enter the mentioned "LINKING MODE", then make the blocks "blink or flash" and you select everything you want to Link. Just some ideas, but I'm sure @FractalAudio could thinkin of the most effective way.

Love to see something like this. I think it would primarily be useful for changing Amp/cab without changing scenes, but certainly could see other uses as well (Drives or Wahs that best go along w/ different amps...)

My take on the idea, when discussing this thought last summer, put the setup in each block, which could be (by default) set to 'follow scene' or to 'follow _____' (fill in block name), probably best implemented as a drop down select list with the preset's blocks listed.

This lets the user set up up to 4 'sub-scenes' within each scene. Channel of the 'leader' block would still be initialized by the scene, but could have an effect channel switch added to control it which switches it and its 'following' blocks simultaneously. Seems like it would be very flexible, and would make the same kind of improvement to scenes as views made for layouts on the FC6 and FM3....

Last edited:
I was working on a similar use this morning. I wanted to enable the rotary block and disable the cab block with one push. It is doable but the resulting sound wasn't what I wanted so I scrapped it.

This is one area where the "H word" has an advantage, because one switch press can toggle a lot of blocks.

What about enabling is to build a Macro (or multiple macros) per preset? That way all kinds of things would be able to change. For example, you could change several block channels, adjust parameters (such as pitch shift), and change layouts. All with one button press.

What about enabling is to build a Macro (or multiple macros) per preset? That way all kinds of things would be able to change. For example, you could change several block channels, adjust parameters (such as pitch shift), and change layouts. All with one button press.
The Gordius controllers supported macros. Fantastic feature... The most capable midi controller I've come across as far as programming ability. It could even store and reference variables with macros.

The Gordius controllers supported macros. Fantastic feature... The most capable midi controller I've come across as far as programming ability. It could even store and reference variables with macros.

RJMs do too.

Back
Top Bottom