Block labels

Should Fractal implement this?

• Total voters

prometh

Power User
Let's say we have a preset with 2 phaser blocks. To distinguish between them while editing, it'd be great if we could have labels; one as "Phase 90" and one as "Univibe", for example. This would come in handy when going back and editing an old preset, could also be implemented into the front panel LCD and maybe even the MFC-101 as well.

Edit:
Another idea would be a comment to go along with the label. In the comment box, we could put things like "knob1:123, knob2:123", etc. Great for storing dial values from real world pedals.

Something tells me if something like this were to happen, it would have to be something just in Axe-Edit. From memory you used to be able to name (I think it was?) the user cabs, but that was removed to save space. If that's the case, I don't see there being room to name every FX block whatever you want as well as adding in comments.

The problem with doing it in only Axe-Edit would I guess be if you use Axe-Edit on more than one computer, i.e. I use Axe-Edit while I'm pissing about on the internet and playing with the Axe, and also with my studio set up.

It seems to me that you could get part way by designing icons to indicate what setting is selected inside a block. E.g. Each type of drive would display as a different graphic. From a programming standpoint that's probably not too bad, but that's a lot of icons to design.

Just being in Axe-Edit would be fine, but if they could get it onto the unit as well, that'd be cooler.

Let's say we have a preset with 2 phaser blocks. To distinguish between them while editing, it'd be great if we could have labels; one as "Phase 90" and one as "Univibe", for example.
Having the unit display Phaser 1 and Phaser 2 (which it does) is enough for me to distinguish between the two. I don't see how more info could be displayed on the LCD.

For me, a more useful feature would be to have the instance number of a selected block displayed in the main routing window, but again, where would it fit?

Back
Top Bottom